~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ~

Chapter Forty-Four: Lockhart

The next day at breakfast Lina sat eating porridge at the Hufflepuff table with Cedric, Danny and Lucy

The next day at breakfast Lina sat eating porridge at the Hufflepuff table with Cedric, Danny and Lucy. They had just been given their timetables for the year "I've got Lockhart first" Lina announced.

"I wonder what his lessons will be like," Lucy said.

"No idea, but I'm hoping his lessons will be the best considering everything he's done in his books."

"So you're not swooned by his dashing good girls then girls?" Cedric asked.

Lucy and Lina looked at each other and then to Cedric "no" they answered.

The owl post arrived then, a hundred owls flew in dropping letters and newspapers. One owl, in particular, caught Lina's eye, a barn owl that was barely able to keep flight, she knew this was the Errol the Weasley's owl, she saw it crash down on the Gryffindor table in front of Ron, she didn't see what had been delivered but a couple of seconds later her question was answered.

"... STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE... LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED... ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN ENQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

The hall fell silent, the red envelope burst into flames.

"Did you know?" Danny asked Lina.

"No" she replied, she stood up from her seat and went over to the ginger second year. "You weren't on the train?" She asked when she reached them placing her hands on her hips.

Ron visible gulped "no" he squeaked.

"We tried to be honest," Harry said, "we couldn't get on the platform."

"So your answer was to take a flying car and fly yourself to school?" Lina asked, "did it not cross either of your minds to oh I don't know wait for a responsible adult."

"But Lee we weren't sure if my parents could get back, we had to do something," Ron said defending himself.

Lina sighed, out the corner of her eyes she saw Professor McGonagall handing out the Gryffindor timetables "well you've already gotten in enough trouble and I'm sure you're well and truly embarrassed so I won't go on but I will say this, next time you do something as stupid as that let me know so I can join you" she winked the pair and left the hall.

Lina arrived at Professor Lockhart classroom, a couple of minutes before the class started, the only problem was Lockhart wasn't there, when the class was meant to start Fred and George turned up. "Is he not here yet?" Fred asked.