5.

Josiah
1week later

"What's good with you?" I asked my older brother as he sat in the passenger seat of my car.

"Shit. Getting to this paper." He started counting a stack of money before throwing it in my lap.

"That's for you. 4 racks."

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow and he nodded.

"Yeah, you're my baby brother. I gotta make sure you stay laced in these streets."

Saying nothing, I put the stack of money in my sweatpants pockets. I'd put it in with the rest of my stash later.

"..but I think it's time you get out here and start earning your keep. I can't baby you forever, nigga."

"I don't know about all of that.." I trailed off, shaking my head. I wasn't tryna be a dope boy or sell drugs like him. I enjoyed the money but it wasn't worth it.

"Think you too good to hustle?" He asked, sternly.

"Nah, bro. It's just not for me. I told you that."

"So did you move what I gave you?" He asked referring to the weed he'd given me to sell the other day.

"Yeah. It's gone." I shrugged.

"Good." He nodded, patting my shoulder.

"One day you'll get it." He went on.

"What's up though? I heard you going through it on the phone with Montana earlier."

Sighing, I looked straight ahead as I stayed silent.

Me and Monty weren't seeing eye to eye right now. She'd been acting distant lately. It had my mind playing all kinds of tricks on me and I didn't like it.

"Nothing, bro."

"Come on, nigga. I know y'all ain't just best friends no more."

"What that mean?" I looked at him out of the corner of my eye.

"I know y'all be getting it in." He blurted out unexpectedly.

Chuckling to myself, I stayed silent again. I wasn't telling him shit.

"If that's your girl then that's your girl, bro.."

"She's not my girl." I clarified.

"Aight." He out his hands up in defense.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Monty to be my girl but she was strict on the no titles rule for her own reasons. Wasn't shit I could do to change that.

"Whatchu doing tonight?" He went on to ask and I was just happy the subject was changing.

"Nothing. Probably just kick it with Kace and Milly."

"Y'all little niggas come to the club with us." He suggested, nodding his head over to his crew who were standing on the corner.

"What club?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Little strip joint down the street."

"Nah. I'm good." I shook my head, Montana would kill me if she knew I went.

We had a rule where we couldn't fuck around with anybody else while we were fucking. And I knew myself. I'm weak willed when it comes to a fat ass so I wasn't even going to put myself in no situation like that.

"Hm. I figured." He smirked, getting out of my whip.

"Shut yo' bitch ass up." I joked as he turned around to look at me with furrowed eyebrows and I quickly pulled off.