Chapter 25 Saying Goodbye

**AGAIN NOT BETA'D ANY MISTAKES ARE MY OWN.**

Astrid and Emmett got in his Jeep and drove off towards Astrid's house. They sat in silence for a while until Emmett reached out and took Astrid's hand, "Are you okay, Sunshine?"

Astrid turns to look at Emmett, "Yeah, this is a lot to take in, but I'm alright."

"Why didn't you tell me about what happened in Phoenix?"

"Because I honestly thought I was a mutant, and I didn't want to bring the government down on you or my family. But now it turns out that my parents are gods. How weird is that?"

"Very. So, are you going to go with your parents?"

"I don't know."

Emmett pulled the Jeep over and looked at Astrid, "Yes, you do. You've never been unsure of anything since I've known you."

"Are you coming with me?"

Emmett leaned over and kissed Astrid, "I'll follow you anywhere, Sunshine."

Astrid smiled at Emmett and hugged him. He pulled back out onto the road and continued to Astrid's house. When they got there, Charlie had gotten home from a long fishing weekend. He saw Astrid and Emmett get out of the Jeep and make their way into the house. They walked into the kitchen where Charlie was having a cup of coffee.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hey Sweetheart, how was your morning?"

Astrid sat down across from Charlie, "Very interesting. Do you remember when I told you that I wanted to search for my birth parents, and you said that you were okay with that?"

"Sure, you have every right to find your birth parents and find out what happened that they had to give you up. And if you want to have a relationship with them," Charlie tells her.

"Well, it turns out I found them."

"So fast?"

"Well, it's more like they found me. It turns out that I was kidnapped, and my parents have been searching for me for sixteen years."

Charlie put his coffee cup down, "Man, I can only imagine how they must have felt. But I searched through the missing person database. I never found a report on you."

"No, you wouldn't have. My parents are not exactly from here. Well, my mom is, but she moved away when she married my father."

"Where are they from, someplace in Europe?"

"Kind of, they're well known in Norway," Astrid said.

"Astrid just tells him," Emmett said.

"Tell me what?" Charlie asked.

"Well, my parents are from someplace far, far away."

Charlie sighed in frustration, "Astrid, just tell me."

"Okay, um, my parents are from Asgard," Astrid mumbled.

"I'm sorry, where?"

"Asgard, Dad. My father is Thor, the God of Thunder."

Charlie stared at Astrid for a moment then did something he rarely does; he laughed. When he saw that Astrid was entirely serious, Charlie stopped laughing, "You mean to tell me that this person claiming to be your birth father thinks he's Thor?"

"No, Dad, he is Thor. I saw him and my mother arrive in a clearing close to the Cullen house using the Bifrost. Oh, and Loki is here too."

"The God of Mischief?"