[47] Gone

Easton's POV: 

"Aubrey" my voice breaks softly "Never forget how much I love you and our baby girl. I promise you I will come back to you."

"Easton, I feel like you're trying to say goodbye to me, is something wrong?" She responds worry filling her voice

"Just listen carefully, I will come back to you," I promise

"Okay." she all but whispers "I love you East."

"I love you, sweetheart." I respond before hanging up the phone.

This could be the last time I ever speak to her, but I couldn't tell her that. I promised her I'll return home, but was I really promising her that or am I trying to convince myself?

The truth is what we're doing tonight is dangerous, and it could very well be the last time any of us see each other alive, but we have to do what we have to do.

"Feeling okay Easton?" Don Lorenzo questions as he steps into the room

"Yeah, just making a quick call to the wife." I sigh softly

"You're doing this for her, for all of them. I'm sure one day she'll forgive you."

"She won't forgive me if I come home in a body bag will she." I shake it off quickly "Alright let's get this over with, are your boys ready?"

"Always."

"Good, let's move out."

We set out at dusk and by the time we make it to the holding cells that belong to the Colombians, it's dark.

Leo and Reid go in first making silent shots thanks to our gun silencers, killing off the unexpecting guards one by one

We enter the back door, and search the cells looking for anyone who looks like they need help, and of course taking out as many Colombian members as we can.

Everything is running smoothly so far but I have no doubt it'll amp up a few notches when the boss realizes what's happening.

I make my way to the end of the hall and open a small door leading to more cells. That's when I see them, young girls, who look to be between 18 and 30 all being held against their will in minimal clothing. "Leo, Reid, Dad, in here" I call.

The boys soon join me in the room, and I bust the lock on the gate. "Leo, Dad get the girls out of here," I order.

"Reid cover me, I'm going to see if there are more." I keep making my way down the hall.

I reach the end when I hear gunshots ringing out from behind me

"Easton, turn around," Reid yells as he ducks for cover from shots flying through the air, standing up and firing when he has a chance

I turn quickly only to come face to have with the leader of the Colombians

"Easton." He smirks, his gun pointed to my head. "I was hoping we'd be able to lure you out one way or another and here you are. How's that beautiful girlfriend of yours?"

"I wouldn't know, we're not together anymore." I lie

"You and I both know that's not true, your firstborn is due in a month, you must want to get home"

"Stop playing games asshole and just tell me what you want, you want me dead? Kill me, But you'll leave my family alone."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying? I can take your life in order to protect your family?"