Chapter 4

Jacob's p.o.v

I'm in the middle of nowhere on a street surrounded by only trees. I decided to walk out of the small town I was left in towards the direction where we came from and I still haven't seen anything that resembles a store.

Some time ago, I thought about hitch hiking but only two cars have passed me so far and both seemed too scary to step in so I kept walking.

Why Deshaun drove me all the way over here with the thought that I'd actually give in to whatever he wanted us to do back there is beyond me. I don't get this. Is that what my presence gives away when someone looks at me? I'm not even like that at all. This is why I despise my look.

I sigh when my stomach growls and wipe the sweat off my forehead. The sky is a bit darker now than before making me even more worried. I don't like darkness at all. It reminds me of the times I was locked into dark rooms when I was little and I don't really like thinking about those times.

I get nervous and I start shaking.

All this for just a number

I huff thinking about it. This is what I get for wanting to be invited to parties and being part of some girl squad. Not like that will help my situation. Deshaun and the others will have more reason to tease me now when they see me walking around with a bunch of cheerleaders that probably have no interest in being anything other than friends.

Speaking of Deshaun my thoughts drift to what happened in the car. I can't believe he thought I was gay. He even wanted to risk his reputation for me.

What would everyone say if they found out that Deshaun has been sleeping with me this whole time. That he's been messing with the freak. I just shake my head at the thought.

I could agree to it and use it against him to stop the bullying but I'm just not like that. I don't have it in me to hurt people. This is also one of my flaws.

What I find confusing is the fact that people think I'm gay. I've never had feelings for boys and I don't find them attractive at all. Especially the ones at school, they're always so sweaty and they don't smell too nice. Come to think of it, I've never liked a girl longer than a week. The feeling always fades and I just become awkward around them thinking that they'll find out that I actually liked them.

Oh, well...

I stop abruptly when I see something not too far from here looking like a shop so I quickly stroll towards it to find out that it's actually a diner. I make my way inside and a bell rings on top of the door causing everyone to look at me and I sink into my oversized sweater.

I smile awkwardly at everyone and rush to a table far in the back. I was still trying to catch my breath when the waitress comes out of nowhere and greets me.

"Welcome to Gordon's diner, what would you like to get" a nice girl says handing me a menu and I try to smile. The girl has pretty brown skin that's glowing and white teeth that compliment her skin tone.

"O-oh, uhm, I don't really want anything" I say and she nods.

"Okay, well call me when you're ready to order" she says and when she starts to walk away, I stop her. Maybe she could help me find a way back home, she looks friendly.

"Uhm... I need help" I drag desperately and she frowns.

"Is everything alright?" She asks placing a hand on my shoulder and I shake my head.

"I don't know where I am and I can't go home" I look down and tell her the truth.

"Did you try calling someone?" She asks and I shake my head again.