Chapter 33 - 8 Letters

"Only know you've been high when you're feeling low.

Only hate the road when you're missing home.

Only know you love her when you let her go.

And you let her go..."

Niccolo's POV

Niccolo's POV

The drive home was silent. My mother tried speaking to me and I pleaded with her to drop it. I told her that we need to concentrate on getting Dad back, not my love life. Or lack thereof.

I had sent Tino and Leo to retrieve Elena from the club. The club and pub are closed until further notice. My hands began cramping with the force I had clenched around the car's steering wheel. I didn't even know how I was feeling right now. Seeing her was harder than I expected and I realized then that she really did a number on me. She hooked me and reeled me in like a fucking pro; manipulation at its best.

I sighed as I brought the car to an abrupt stop outside our front door. My mother jumped out and briskly walked into the house. I followed closely behind, heading straight to the dining room. Ruby, Marcel, and Lorenzo were all huddled around the table. Lorenzo was tapping away frantically at his laptop as Marcel paced the floor. Ruby hovered over him, her one hand on the table and the other on the top of his chair.

"Anything?" She anxiously asked him.

"Rubes, you know I will immediately tell you if I find something. I'm trying my best here but you are distracting me which is causing me to struggle with my thoughts, resulting in this going slower." Lorenzo paused and turned to look at her.

"For fuck's sake, fine." She huffed before heading outside. I watched as she lit a cigarette on the deck.

My mother walked in, edging past me without acknowledging I was there. She was pissed. What the fuck did Sierra feed her to gain her trust? Rafael rushed into the room, Odette hot on his heels.

"Did you find her?" He anxiously asked me causing me to roll my eyes and my mother to answer.

"We did. But this fool I have for a son, fucked up." She pointed at me.

"I fucked up? Are you fucking serious, Mamma!?" I was yelling at this point.

"Niccolo, you wouldn't even give her a chance to explain! You just cut her off and dropped her like a hot potato! I taught you better than that!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I got life lessons, from you, in the art of accepting traitors, liars, and enemies into our lives!"

"Niccolo, can you get your head out of your ass for one minute and look at everything that girl has done for you! Everything she stood by your side for! Everything she accepted as part of your past! Niccolo, that girl spent all her time trying to make you happy, she long forgot about her reasons for being here. She long forgot about her mission to kill your father. And let me tell you something, my boy, Sierra was alone with us on many occasions. Your father handed the dogs over to her in the mornings many times. She had ample opportunities to put a bullet in his head or slice his throat right there. Did she? No! Why the fuck not, Niccolo? Think about that for a second instead of digging your head further up your ass!"