Buenos Días, Mi Amor

The Prince woke up first that morning, which didn't surprise him. After all, Lance had come in so late last night, and Keith was used to waking up before sunrise.

They had shifted positions during the night, Keith now laying with his back towards the other boy, though still wrapped tightly in Lance's arms. It felt... nice, to be held like this.

On the other hand, Lance's grip was really strong, and he couldn't get loose without waking the other boy. Well, how unfortunate, he'd just have to lay there for a while.

He lay his own arms over Lance's and traced circles over them with his fingers. Why did this guy have so many freckles? Keith wanted to study them closely, draw every little dot in exactly the right place until his Lance truly shone up at him from the paper, until his drawing was just as perfect as the real Lance.

After half an hour or so, the distant sounds of the Castle started building, a sign that the morning had really come. The Prince reached behind him, over his head, feeling the soft locks of Lance's hair tickle his fingers, and smiled to himself.

"Lance?" he said in his groggy morning voice. "Are you awake yet?"

"Mmmnoo.." the brunette muttered, dragging his sleepy voice as he secured his embrace around the prince. Seriously, why couldn't they just sleep all day? Was that too much to ask? Stretch that one moment before sunrise, where everything was ok?

But as much as he wanted to, he couldn't ignore the rest of the castle waking up as well. That was his call. So he whined a bit more and nuzzled his boyfriend's messy hair, giving it a kiss.

"Buenos días.." he whispered, taking just three more seconds to enjoy that feeling before letting him go and sitting up, yawning and rubbing his eyes. At some point in the morning a blue bird had glided onto the piano, and was now making her way to Lance's knee. "Hey girl." He greeted her, soothing her feathers as his own light eyes got used to the light.

"Y'know? If I was royalty, my first decree would be having a sleep day. Every week. Free of work, for everyone to rest." Ah, a perfect world. Wouldn't everyone be more efficient if they took more breaks, too? His friend Hunk, for example, worked almost every day of the year. Thank god he loved his job, because that was the only thing keeping him from quitting. That, and the money he needed for his family. Ironically he couldn't see his family that often.

"People will work better if they're more motivated, therefore if they spend more time with their families. Wouldn't I be a great king?" He joked, glancing at Keith. It wasn't a bad idea, having someone that spoke for the workers and what they wanted or needed. Wouldn't there be less conflicts then? If there was a bridge between nobles and servants? Too early for politics, Lance.

Keith smiled widely, closing his eyes to yawn and rolling over onto his back to face Lance. He was cute. Besides, the idea wasn't.. terrible. It could actually be beneficial.

The only problem with giving the people more say would be appointing a leader, since they automatically granted that person a lot of power, and they might become a problem over time. To truly be able to voice his servants issues, they would need an entirely different system. But right now, he didn't want to think about more problems. He had Lance right here, only for a few more moments. "Hm," he hummed. "Perhaps."

A thin layer of dried sweat from that night stuck to his skin, he'd need to wash before going out. The nightmare seemed so far away now, drowned in another beautifully safe night in Lance's arms.

He sat up and softly stroked Blue's feathers. She was truly one of the most magnificent beings he'd ever seen. Well, aside from her owner, of course. The morning light always seemed to find and illuminate every part of Lance that the Prince liked, which wasn't hard, since Keith liked all of him. Did this guy come from a family of literal gods? Only one way to find out.