22. rope

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

EVAN WOLFE

Caleb takes me up to his room, it's the second time I've been in here and yet it still fascinated me. The paintings on the wall, his black interior. But the best thing was his scent that swarmed me, my heart buzzed with warmth and I felt at home. He felt like home.

All my life I have felt so lost. I've never settled and I have never belonged. But here, I feel like I belong and I feel like I have a purpose. I never want to leave because feeling like this feels like living for the first time in my whole life.

Having a mate that cares so deeply about you is everything I have dreamt of and more. When I'm with Caleb I forget all my negative feelings and focus on him, us. It's like he's an antidote to all things bad, he numbs me and makes me feel emotions I never knew I was capable of.

"What are you thinking about?" Caleb's soft voice brings me back into reality. His fingers lightly pull on my chin as he looks down to me.

I blink multiple times up to him before I shake my head. "Nothing, just that I'm happy when I'm with you." I say.

Caleb smiles and moves his hand to the side of my cheek, I almost melt into his warm hand. "I'm glad you're happy with me." He says back.

My lips twitch up into a smile as I analyse his face. My eyes catch the painting next to his bed, the half woman half wolf canvas.

Breaking away from Caleb's grip I walk towards the painting and stare in awe. It was so detailed and so raw, it was beautiful. His mom was beautiful, her wolf was beautiful.

"I can't get over how talented you are," I comment as my eyes continue to look at the masterpiece before me. The colour scheme was another level and my eyes couldn't get enough.

"If you think that's good you should see what else I've done," Caleb says over my shoulder.

I instantly turn around to look at him. "You'll show me?" I grin up to him.

He nods down to me and notions towards his desk that was cluttered with pencils and paper. He digs out an old beat up black art book from one of his drawers. He makes room for it on the desk and looks back at me. "I've never shown anyone this stuff, just so you know," his voice dips quietly.

My eyebrows furrow as I walk closer to him. His hand almost opens the book before I place a hand on his wrist. Caleb's green eyes find mine quickly and he looks at me confused. "You don't have to show me if you don't want to."

His expression falls as he hears my words, he doesn't say anything so I carry on. "I know what it's like to have a part of you that no one knows about and it's fine to want to keep this to yourself."

Caleb shakes his head. "I want you to know every single little thing about me. Nothing is a secret, nothing is hidden. You are a part of my life now and I don't want to hide anything from you. Okay?" His face moves closer to mine.

I nod up to him. "Okay."

His fingers grip around my wrist and he pulls me closer to the desk, an arm slips round my stomach whilst his other arm opens the book.