2 - Learning

"Joohyun put Mina down." Her father growled. Joohyun put the child down, earning a while from Mina.

"We were just playing.." Joohyun whispered.

"I wanted to see the birds!" Mina pointed star the nest in the tree. Eve let out a breath, terrified that her daughter was going to be hurt.

"Sorry about that David. Ever since Joohyun has been playing with the neighbor girls she's been a bit more feisty." David's brother, Hyun, frowned.

"Are they alphas?" David frowned.

"Hardly. Fellow omegas. But they're hyper." He sighed.

"Hyper Omegas?" Eve frowned.

"Yeah, twins. Both of them cause a lot of trouble according to their parents." As if on cue, they heard screaming coming from the other side of the fence.

"Wheein! Get off your sister!" A voice shouted from the other side.

The alpha parents shook their heads, knowing exactly how it was raising small hyper active children. Hyun's wife joined them, carrying their youngest omega, Yeri, and set her on the grass next to Mina.

"Play nice you two." She warned. Yeri stared at Mina's penguin, causing her to hold it tighter against her chest.

"Pen." Yeri pointed.

"Ketchup." Mina frowned.

"Pen!" Yeri pointed again, getting up to touch the penguin. Mina felt nervous, but let the toddler touch the red penguin. Yeri was gentle, walking over to pick up her stuffed turtle and show Mina. "Tur." She giggled while holding it out to Mina.

"Turtle." Mina corrected her. "It's a turtle."

"Tur." Yeri squealed.

"She seems to be very protective of the penguins..." Hyun frowned.

"I know.. She fought Jeongyeon because she took the penguin from her..." Eve frowned at him. "I'm worried she'll end up becoming a beta..."

"Well.. She could just be an overly protective omega." Hyun's wife, Alice, whispered. "Joohyun turned into a very protective sister when we had Yeri. She snapped on little Hyejin next door when she accidentally knocked her down." She explained.

The two sets of parents watched over their kids, all of them playing together in the backyard. 

Years had gone by, Mina showing significant improvement. She was going to the same school Joohyun had gone to, an all omega school. It taught her everything she needed to know, since her parents couldn't teach her much.

"And then we learned how to scent mark!" Jeongyeon giggled. Her father nodded in approval, knowing that his daughters were all excited for something in their school. Mina stayed quiet, looking at her plate that still had quite a bit of food on it.

"Mina, aren't you hungry?" Eve frowned at her.

"My stomach feels weird." Mina whimpered at her mother. Eve held out her arms, pulling Mina onto her lap.

"You shouldn't coddle her." David whispered, a small hint of annoyance in his voice.

"And you shouldn't focus all of your time on them." Eve fired back. Once their dinner was finished, Mina not eating anything, Eve carried her to her room, seeing how much of a mess it had become. She noticed all of the softer things on Mina's bed, blankets accumulated and pillows all over the place on the bed. "Mina, how long have you been doing this?" Eve asked quietly. Mina shrugged, reaching out for her red penguin. She set Mina on her bed, picking up the clothes that were thrown all over the place. She was going to leave the room when Mina let out a soft whine.

"Momma..." Mina whimpered. Eve turned to see Mina now curling into a tight ball, her eyes shut as tight as they could possibly go.

"Oh..." Eve chuckled. "Wait here." She whispered before leaving the room. She found her husband getting himself ready for bed. "You need to go to the store and get Mina heat suppressants." She chuckled.

"What?!" He shouted.

"The poor thing is suffering. Go before she has a stroke." Eve laughed. David rolled his eyes, letting out a loud groan. They had gone through two first ruts already with Nayeon and Jeongyeon, but he knew Mina was going to be a handful. Eve went back to her daughter's room, seeing her still in the same position.

"Momma help..." Mina whimpered.

"I'm here." Eve sat on the bed, Mina resting her head on her mother's lap. "I won't leave you." She whispered while moving the stray hairs from her daughter's face.

"It hurts." She sniffed.

"It's going to... You'll get used to it." She wished she knew how to help her daughter. She had never gone through a heat, but her sister-in-law did. She only knew from her what to expect with Mina.

"Her first heat is going to be the most painful thing she's ever gone through." Alice explained.

"How so? I thought..." Eve frowned.

"It usually is just what we know it to be. But when you first come of age, an omega's body goes through a million changes all at once. So her body is going to hurt. She'll be written out of school for the week too." Alice further explained.

Eve frowned, rubbing her daughter's back gently until her husband came back. She hated herself for not being properly prepared, but she didn't expect Mina to hit her first heat at twelve either...

Even after Mina had taken the suppressants, Eve stayed with her, letting her cling to her while she slept. David had snuck in around three in the morning, checking on the both of them. Eve opened her eyes at the sudden intrusion, but quickly realized who it was.

"How is she doing?" He whispered.

"She's managing.." Eve sighed. "She's burning up..." She placed a hand on Mina's cheeks, feeling how warm she was. "The poor thing." She felt horrible still, not really knowing how to handle her own daughter.

"She'll get used to it." David sighed. "Sadly."

"I hate that she has to go through so much pain... David.. I'm so worried that she'll be too submissive... What if some random alpha just wants their way with Mina? Hm? We can't always be there to protect her.." She felt a new kind of emotion taking over her, she had felt it only when she had first found Mina, but now it was more intense.

"Eve.. We'll raise her to be just fine. To be able to fight the submission long enough to get out of there. But we can't always be there for her... Why do you think we teach the kids to fight?" He sighed while kneeling next to Mina's bed. He ran his fingers through her hair. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt the same feeling his wife felt. Mina was the youngest of their family. The one who needed to be protected the most. And he didn't want to accept that his little girl was growing up either.