Chapter Thirty Eight

The morning came quickly, Harry had a shower and got Draco situated. Luckily he was in an older headspace so after they finished lunch Draco wandered back to the dorms and Harry left with Severus.

The trip to the apparition point was a quiet one, Harry surprisingly managing to keep up with Severus' long strides. The actual apparation did make Harry feel quite sick, and he had to grab onto the taller man to keep his balance. Severus let out what Harry could only assume to be a noise of concern, before helping him to stand upright. He cleared his throat, patted Harry's shoulder to which he received a bright smile and started his trek towards the bank, deeming the child well.

Harry did have to jog to keep up for a small while as Severus had left without him, but they were soon at the marbled entrance. Harry, despite looking all evil and brooding, would always be excitable at the sight of the magical alley.

Severus couldn't help but smile a little bit as he noticed the boys excitement, the little excited bounce he did as they entered the bank.

Getting the money was quite easy, and they were seemingly done when Harry spoke up.

"Excuse me, Griphook?" Mentioned goblin turned to the boy and nodded, "Is there anyway to get Muggle money? From my fortune already, I mean."

The goblin nodded, once again, and lead them down a hall into a small office.

He pulled out a small card, "This, mister Potter, is a Goblin Card. They work on Muggle cash machines, and are linked directly to your account. Some magical stores have machines you can use these on but not many, which is why we don't often advertise them. The Wizards who can afford them are generally not interested in the Muggle world."

Harry nodded positively, "May I have one?"

Once again met with a nod, "One hundred and forty five galleons, mister Potter."

Harry accepted, and Severus felt blown away; he was not a wealthy man and that was extortionate.

After getting over his shock, the professor led the student out with card and galleon pouch in hand.

They made small talk, which neither boy nor man was used to, but it seemed to work. Harry was a child Severus didn't hate. He almost acted grown, without the snobbishness that came with it. He was a mix of child and adult that Severus could deal with.

As for Harry? He just wanted to find out if Snape and Tom used to shag or not.

The two moseyed from shop to shop, Harry looking around and purchasing occasional things while Severus simply looked.

The potions shop was the one they spent most time in, unsurprisingly. Severus shrunk both their belongings as they were leaving.

Harry noticed the man stare down the dark alley, the one he knew to be Knockturn. Tom had told him he would take him down there, but to never go without a heavily trusted adult. It was dangerous, especially for children.

"Do you want to go down there, professor?"

Severus quickly shook his head, "That is no place for you."

"I'll be fine. I'm with a trusted adult, and we both know you could beat all of them in a fight at once."

The man rose an eyebrow, "I do wonder how you know all these things about me, mister Evans."

"Magic, sir."

The two made their way down the alley, Harry sticking impossibly close to Severus.

"Do you want to hold my hand?" The man muttered, it was in a sarcastic tone but Harry knew it was a simple way to ask if he was alright.

"Yes, please." He whispered, people staring. The professors glare didn't seem to ward them off.