"this isn't the first time"

Lena

Scrunching her eyes Lena couldn't understand why she felt like she had been drinking with Sam the night before. That hasn't happened since Sam moved away a few months ago. Opening her eyes Lena could see Kara next to her. Shooting up at the sight of Kara, Lena quickly scanned their surroundings. The forest? How on earth -? No! Her machine. It worked, but something went wrong. Whatever happened, Lena had the suspicion they were no longer on their Earth. At least that would explain why they've gone from her office into the middle of the woods.

Sitting up, Lena looked over at Kara, trying to work out exactly what had happened in her office. One moment, she was next to the machine, and the next she was across the room. After that the memory gets a little fuzzy as whatever made them lose consciousness took hold, but she had to wrong. There was no way that Kara moved that quickly. In her intense train of thought Lena didn't notice Kara beginning to wake up.

Shooting up, Kara was suddenly sitting upright next to the Luthor, frantically taking in their surroundings. "What happened? Where are we? How did we get here?" Kara's questions came so quickly Lena was glad she had learned to speak Kara, as Alex put it, otherwise she never would have got that.

"The machine exploded, or something. I think it dropped us on one of the Earths it discovered. I could be wrong, but as far as I can tell it's the only explanation to going from my lab to here. Unless you have a better one?" Lena snapped the last part, she didn't mean to, she was worried.

Kara looked at her and sighed. "Nope. Nothing better than that. But now we have another problem. How do we figure out exactly which Earth we're on?" Lena expected Kara to freak out at hearing they were on another Earth or something, not be rational.

"You aren't freaking out. Why aren't you freaking out?" Lena could hear her voice go up an octave as her pulse began racing. She was starting to panic. Without the thought of having to stay calm for Kara, she was letting herself panic. Her breathing came in quick short successions as she realised the entire extent of what she had just done. She, a Luthor, had trapped not just herself, but her best friend on another Earth. Alex was going to kill her. If they made it home that is.

"Freaking out and panicking isn't going to help us." Lena nodded at Kara's calm and rational words. Her breathing slowly came easier and her heart rate returned to normal. Calm, Lena could see there was something Kara wasn't saying.

"Kara what's wrong?"

"What are you talking about? What's wrong is we are stuck on another Earth – which wow by the way! You really proved it." As Kara continued talking Lena stood from her place on the floor, raised an eyebrow at Kara, folding her arms. "Why are you making that face? You only make that face at the old farts on the L-Corp board say something stupid." Kara moved to stand opposite her in the small clearing they seemed to have appeared in.

Lena moved her gaze from Kara's eyes to her forehead. "Crinkle." Kara couldn't even deny it. Rubbing at the crinkle as though to make it disappear, Kara looked at Lena, whose gaze had returned to search her eyes for answers.

"Eh! Fine. I'm not freaking out because this isn't the first time, I've been on another world..." Lena frowned at Kara, opening her mouth to ask questions, but Kara continued before she could. "I don't mean that as I'm an alien – well maybe – but what I mean is that I've been to another Earth before, so I'm not worried. So long as someone notices we're gone and can contact a friend of mine we should be found soon enough." Kara was watching Lena for her reaction but there was nothing. Lena was still processing the information.

"What do you mean you've already been to another Earth?" Lena wasn't concerned about the alien aspect of Kara's little rant since she had already guessed at that. There was no way any human could eat the amount of food she did and still be that thin. It was impossible. "What do you mean you have another friend that has already figured this out? Who is it? Why haven't I heard about it?" Lena was the one ranting now.

"About two years ago a man called Barry Allen found his way onto our Earth, I helped send him back to his Earth, then a year a go he appeared back again and asked for some help with a problem on his Earth. While I was there, he gave me a way to contact them if I ever needed help, Alex knows where it is in my apartment. All we have to do is wait for Alex to realise we're missing and go to ask Barry for help once they can't find my radiation signature on Earth."

Throughout Kara talking Lena stood there completely shocked. She couldn't believe it. Kara had lied to her. None of this makes sense, unless, what she had thought happened in the lab happened. Kara moved quicker than Lena had seen anyone else move, all except one. "Say it." Lena's voice was barely a whisper, but she knew now that Kara could hear her. "I need to hear you say it." Lena could hardly bare to look at Kara now, tears threatening her vision.

Kara already had tears slowly making their way down her face at the broken sound of Lena's voice. "Lena." Kara's voice was no better than Lena's. The silence of the woods around them letting her be heard. She made to walk towards Lena, but the brunette moved back.

"Say it."

Kara shook her head, more tears flowing down her cheeks. Her voice not wanting to say the words. "I'm – I'm Supergirl." Kara didn't know where to look. At her friend, at the sky, at the ground. No answer seemed right for what she could see happening to her friend.

Lena couldn't believe it. She said it. Without another word, Lena turned and started walking as best she could in her heels away from Kara.

"Lena, where are you going?" Kara watched Lena leave the clearing before following.

"Anywhere you aren't." Lena knew Kara was following, but she couldn't help feeling like someone else was watching too. Shaking off the feeling, she picked up the pace to try and gain some distance from the blonde behind her.

"Really? Where are you going to go? We don't know where we are, if anyone here would help us, or even if there is anyone here. I get it, you're mad, but please don't walk away." When Lena refused to stop, Kara's anger got the better of her. "You're being childish Lena, stop." Lena wished the woman would leave her alone, shaking her head at Kara's attempt to make her stop.

She didn't even see her. It happened so quickly. One moment she was walking away from Kara. The next someone was holding a knife to her throat.