I Need Your Love(pt.2)

Four weeks. Four weeks of silence and peace. 
Ever since your encounter with Dark, Mark has become more cheerful. 
Every morning you were greeted with a smiling man, energized and ready for the day.
Where you were grumpy and tired, glaring at Mark as he raced around the house.
When you had asked him why the sudden mood-swing, Mark shrugged.
“It’s like a fog lifted from my head,” He told you. “I feel clearer, lighter. I don’t know what you did, but I haven’t heard or felt anything from him in a while.”
You don’t know why, but it troubled you Mark said this. You should feel happy that Dark had calmed, but for some reason, there was a nagging feeling at the back of your mind. Telling you Mark was a ticking time-bomb. 

One morning, while you were sipping on your morning beverage, Mark appeared looking pale and twitchy.
“Wow,” You said, grimacing at his expression. “For once I actually want to see you jumping around early in the morning. Are you ok?” 
Mark didn’t answer, he swayed slightly, gripping onto the kitchen bench and leaning against it. 
“I…I should apologize,” He said. 
“For what?” You asked, utterly confused.
His eyes turned upwards, chocolate brown laced with black. “I don’t think I can hold him back much longer.” 
You rushed to his side, taking his hand and cupping the side of his face. 
He felt hot, as if taken by some fever. 
“Mark, hey! Come on now, you’ve done so well.” You told him, gripping his hand tightly. “You can’t lose after all this time.” 
“He’s…stronger,” Mark grunted. “He’s been holding back. Deliberately staying away…” Mark winced. The coal black taking over his smooth brown eyes. “(Y/N) you need to go. He’ll be able to…stay in control for longer.” 
You shook your head, holding his head in your hands and forcing him to look at you. 
“Mark, hang in there!” You ordered. “Don’t go. Please, stay with me!”
He blinked and Dark sighed, lifting his hand to coil his fingers with yours. 
“It’s been a while, dear. Miss me?” 

You tried to move back, but Dark’s hand latched onto your waist, holding you close to him. 
“Easy now,” He said softly. “I’m not going to hurt you.” 
You swallowed thickly, lowering your free hand on Dark’s face to his chest. 
“So, you’ve been gaining strength, huh?” You asked coldly. “I thought I had soothed you into a slumber or something.” 
Dark chuckled, moving your hand to his lips and lightly kissing the back of your palm.
“For a while you did,” He murmured into your skin. “But our little session was too short for my liking. So I stayed away, enough to attain some power over Mark. Now he’ll stay in his little corner till I say otherwise. ” 
Dark ran his lips over your hand, his eyes falling shut as he lightly pecked your fingers with kisses. 
You withdrew your hand, ignoring the small growl that ripped from his chest. 
“What do you want?” You asked. “Another cuddle?Sorry, but that was a one-time thing.”
Dark hummed quietly. His fingers kneading your waist as he bit his lip.
“I’m sure I can change your mind.”
You scoffed, “Dream on, big boy. I doubt it.”
Dark grinned. A wicked, sharp smile that caused goose-bumps to rise on your arms.
“Really? Because, I can be very persuasive.” Moving both hands over your hips, Dark moved closer, holding you still as he lowered his head so his lips brushed your ear.
“And, my dear, I’ve got all day to persuade you.” He whispered, his moving lips fluttering over your neck.
You shivered, your hands gripping his shirt as he trailed the tip of his nose against your skin. 
The scruff on his cheeks tickled as he nuzzled you. You whimpered softly as he drew you closer, he breath washing over you. 

It had felt like an eternity during his time in the void. 
He drank in your scent. The fragrance renewing his memories of your touch. 
He wanted it so badly. To feel you against him. To have your fingers trailing his body. 
But you were defiant. When his fingers lowered, you drew back, wincing as he tightened his grip. 
He had to tread carefully. He had injured you before, your trust in him was nothing but a sliver. 
If Dark wanted you, he would have to be patient. 

Dark’s hands rose up your back. Massaging the tender spots on your shoulders, pressing lightly on your spine as his mouth lingered on your throat. 
You felt him breathe under your hands. His chest rising and falling, quickening when you arched into him. 
That same rumble echoed out of him. Vibrating through him and into you.
You rested your head on his shoulder, allowing him to enclose his arms around you. 
His heart-beat was steady, a deep throb under the trembling base of his growl.
It was…nice. Had Dark felt this way when you had touched him? 
His head dipped lower, his lips grazing over your shoulder. His voice low as he spoke.  “When we were on that couch, I was lost, I felt like I was floating away into nothing.” His fingers stroked your arms, circling your wrists and twisting with your hands. “I was in a hole. Something I will try not to fall into again, but, you were the rope that pulled me out.” 
You whimpered when Dark pressed a kiss on your shoulder.
“I thank you for that.” He said, “And I want to return what you did for me.” 
You lifted your head to meet his gaze. That same warmth from four weeks ago had returned, and a small smile stretched his lips. 
“Dark, I..I shouldn’t-”
“I don’t want you to do anything,” Dark said. “Just…stay still for me.” 
You nodded and Dark lowered his lips to yours. He paused for a moment. A hairs breadth away from meeting you. His eyes searched your own. 
Permission? Denial? Acceptance? 
He only saw curiosity, and with a gentle smile, he leaned into you. 
The kiss was slow, both of you uncertain. But Dark continued on, tasting you with as much patience as he could muster. 
I’ve hurt her. She won’t accept me. Not yet.
Your eyes closed and you felt one hand leave yours to cup your face. His thumb brushed your cheek, fingers tangling in your hair. 

Suddenly, Dark drew back with a quiet hiss. 
“Dammit,” He growled, holding his head. 
“Dark?” Your voice was distant. Like you were shouting from the end of a tunnel. 
Get back in your cage! Mark yelled. You don’t belong here!
Dark stumbled backwards. His back striking a wall as he fought with his body to stay in control. He felt you grip his hand, begging him to talk to you. He growled and Mark shoved her back. 
“Stay away,” Mark warned. But Dark snarled at him. 
“I’m not done with her,” He said through clenched teeth. 
“You are done.” Mark yelled. “I’m not letting you toy with her.” 
Dark looked up at you, eyes wide and confused. Conflicted. 
How should you help? Who should you help? 
Dark chuckled, “See, love. It didn’t take long, you’re almost on my side now.” 
Your eyes sharpened, anger flaring in those sparkling gems. 
“So that’s what this was about?” You asked, “You just wanted me to keep Mark back.” 
What? No? He hadn’t meant it that way!
Before he could mend what he did, Mark threw back his head, slamming his skull into the wall. 
Dark howled and Mark pulled him back. He fell into the abyss, your name flying from his lips.