Chapter Four: Don't Be A Benji

"Come on man, let me out of here."

Even if I wanted to, what are the chances that he will not call the cops on me? Have me locked up for life?

Here I am, trying to protect you and your innocence, Mia. What are you even doing right now?

"One thing, first. Phone." I demanded.

"Why do you need my phone?"

Make it look like you're leaving the country for five, maybe six month tour. You found the love of your life on a beautiful and deserted island and you WON'T come back.

"Phone." I repeated.

Brandon rolled his eyes and put his phone in the smaller part of the cage. I opened it. And already his phone went off. You don't have a password. Either you don't give a shit about who goes through your phone and knows your secrets or you don't give a shit about password protection.

M: Hey, wyd? Are you getting ready for tonight?

Trust me, Mia. He won't be there. And he will never hurt you again. But in the meantime, while you're getting ready, trying to look your absolute best when you already do, it wouldn't hurt to go through this asshole's contacts now would it?

Amber👄
Alicia👀😻
Cathy💍
Erica🙂
Emily🤩
Jessica💙💙
Katherine
Lola😈
Maci🤤

Your contact is just an initial. M. This piece of shit has endless names in this phone. He doesn't love you.

And you are completely blind.

"Can I have my phone back no-

I held my pointer up as I started to text you.

I don't think I will be able to make it. But I do need to talk to you though.

"There's a reason why you've got me in here. And I will find out why."

Yeah, I'm sure.

"What are you, one of the boyfriends. Hey, you're girl basically threw herself on me. Whoever she is."

You don't even know who it would be. What a manwhore.

M: What about? What's going on?

How do I go about this without you needing to blow up the phone and having to talk to "me"?

I don't think that this is working anymore.

"My friends are going to be looking for me."

This asshole went on and on, and on and on, and on and on. I'm trying to look out for you while listening to his constant bitching.

~

Mia's point of view

Excuse me?

"Is he high?" Camille asked. "The hell does he mean it's not working anymore?"

I already had my dress on for tonight. And my hair was in this difficult bun hairstyle that I didn't even know I could do. I'm wearing makeup for the first time in a while. Did I seriously just waste my time?

"What's going on?" Stephanie asked as her and Marnie walked into the room.

"Brandon is breaking up with her over text." Camille answered for me.