Q&A + Shameless self promo

New book announcements at the end of the chapter.

1. Where are you from? Is English your native language?
2. Sequel???
3. Prequel?
4. Would you consider going into FA/LJ/RoS with this story?
5. What happens to the characters after the book ends?
6. What's your favourite frog?
7. Is it your dream to become an author?

1. Where am I from? Is English my first language?

I was born in Canada, my family is Greek. English is one of my first languages because I grew up in Toronto, so I never learned how to write properly like when we learned French. That's why I switch unknowingly between present and past tense (someone pointed this out in the comments which I appreciate).

2. Sequel?????

There is a reason I chose not to write this story during the Force Awakens. I've read many fanfics that have taken place during films the characters are in - and I assume you guys have to - so after a while it gets pretty repetitive when you read the same plot over again with new characters (not to say that these stories are bad, most are incredible, I just like writing something different). So if there were to be a sequel, it would have to take place during the force awakens (cause that's when the book ends) and I would try my best not to fall into the pattern of the movie script. Also, because this is a romance book, romance would have to be the centre theme and conflict, but I think Poe and Lyla deserve happy endings and I don't want to put them through more emotional turmoil while their lives are constantly in danger. You feel?

3. Prequel?

A prequel sounds really cool, but you guys know that Poe wouldn't be in it, right?

4. Would I consider going into FA/LJ/RoS with this story?

You have to remember that Lyla considers herself a background character, she isn't up to date with what is going on, the severe gravity of the job the resistance does, and who the most valuable people are. She is a doctor and treats people (Rey/Finn wink wink) but to have her perspective in a book during one of the films wouldn't allow for very insightful writing on the actual scripts. She would still be somewhat ignorant (a little less because of Poe) but, overall, it isn't something that's nagging at me to do. That isn't to say that I haven't thought out what happens to the characters during the films.

And sidenote: Rise of Skywalker had every element of a good movie (incredible lighting, cinematography, acting, CGI, the entirety of the Star Wars universe backing it up) but the writing was shit which killed it.

5. What happens to the characters after the book ends?

Poe and Lyla stay together. Lyla and Esma get separated in Last Jedi when the ships are blown. Lyla thinks Esma's dead, Poe comforts her as best she can, and they don't reunite until the end of RoS. Esma cut her hair, Mage dies in battle.

6. What's my favourite frog?

My favourite frog is the harlequin frog.

7. Is it my dream to become an author?

It is my dream to become a writer, but for now I'm in school to become a professor. When I become an expert in my field, and have my doctorate, I'll have satisfactory knowledge to write a book with correct facts (I hate being wrong) and a job that will pay the bills while I have freedom to write.

I have a Mandalorian book in the works if anyone is interested in me publishing it. Pedro Pascal owns my heart so.

[UPDATE: the Mandalorian book and my Obi-Wan Kenobi book is out]

Hope you enjoy the bonus chapter too. ;)