Partners || Poe X Reader

^^^^^^^^
The above doesn't really suit this story, but I found it hilarious so it's there now. You've gotta read it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV
"I'm fine, Y/N! Stop it!" An angry and rather flustered Poe Dameron snarls through a hiss of pain as you begin to tend to his most recent addition to injuries, yet another blaster wound.

You sigh in annoyance, backing away from the Pilot's bruised and singed arm, casting him a doubtful glance.

"You're not fine, Poe." You state matter-of-factly, crossing your arms over your chest. "You literally just took a shot to the arm!"

Thankfully, it hadn't been anything else. A blaster wound you could handle, anything else involving blood... That was a different story.

Finally, he stops his protesting and you get to work, cleaning and then bandaging the wound.

"You really did take a good hit," You mutter, more to yourself than him.

"Figures..." He mumbles in reply before suddenly turning pale, "I think I need to lay down for a bit..."

"Dameron..." You curse under your breath, steadying the heavier man beside you as he begins to lose consciousness. "Don't you dare think of giving into that pain!"

"What pain, hun? I'm just fine! Commander Dameron reporting for duty!" He laughs, his words slurring together.

You can't help but chuckle as you guide him towards his side of the small shuttle you both were sharing for the mission, which didn't seem to be going according to plan at this moment.

"I promise you, I'm fine to fly! Where's BeeBee Eight? I wonder what Finn is doing. Don't I have a meeting with Leia today?" Poe begins to ramble, sounding more drunk than wounded.

Who knew he'd get like this.

"Poe, you need to get it together and go to sleep." You order, your stern sounding voice cracking at the situation in front of you as you hand him two pills and a bottle of water. "Just take these pain pills and go to sleep. We've still got to keep moving tomorrow."

At this, the dark haired pilot just pouts like a child.

"I don't want to. Pills are horrible!" He whines, taking them anyway, the adult side of him likely grateful for the two small tablets.

"Just sleep, Dameron. For both of our sakes."

Turning on your heel, you leave Poe in your wake as you head to the cockpit, preparing the takeoff procedures.

"Time to leave this rock." You snarl through clenched teeth, flicking all the necessary switches. "Too much has gone wrong here."

First, Comms go dead. Then, we find out this rust bucket has a pretty major fuel leak... And to top it all off, my partner gets taken down by some bucket head and begins to act intoxicated!

"What else could possibly go wrong?" You mutter, settling into the pilot's seat, feeling the engines rumble to life.

And then, before you knew it, you were watching the blur of hyperspace whisk by you.

"3 standard hours in hyperspace..." You mutter, overlooking the various switches and controls before turning it over to autopilot. "Time to sit around here and do nothing."