Chapter 14

authors note : wow! 108k views & 3k notes !! i'm so glad all of you guys are enjoying this story ! please don't forget to comment and vote ! your comments encourage me to keep the story updated regularly (:

Chapter 14

Kol had found another place for the two to hide out. Both of them were reeling at the words Scar had told said to them. Kayla was feeling a certain sense of despair — everything she had ever been told was starting to feel like a lie. Whilst Kol was feeling angry, he wasn't about to give Kayla up for anything — not even Hades himself.

"Could you stop pacing?" Kol asked from his position on the grey couch that he was lounging on. Kayla had been pacing in front of him for the past thirty minutes, and it was beginning to give him a headache. The small, seemingly abandoned cabin that he had found didn't seem big enough at the moment.

"Sorry." Kayla snapped, frustration building up inside of her. She huffed a little bit and went to sit by her lover. They sat there for a moment in silence, both of them stuck in their own thoughts. The dark room, that was lit by only a few candles, was slowly starting to fill up with a bright light as the sun began to rise.

All of a sudden, a swirl of black smoke started to appear in front of the them. They both glanced at each other, alarmed at the appearance of something so strange. The black smoke started to slowly morph into a man who they recognized to be Pan. He had a smirk on his face, like he knew exactly what had occurred just a few hours ago. His eyes were a deep green and they seemed to sparkle in the light. He sat criss-cross-applesauce as he looked at the two, "So, do you guys have any more questions or did Scar explain enough?" his question came much more casual then Kayla would've liked. She instantly glared at the man with disdain.

"Are you working with him?" Kol sneered as he sat until straighter, preparing himself for a fight if it were to come to one. The boy in question just rolled his eyes, "C'mon Hades, I thought you were smarter than this."

Kayla's whole mood changed as she heard that sentence come out of the boys mouth. Her eyes narrowed slightly and her head tilted as she her face filled with obvious curiosity. "Explain." it came out as more of a demand then she wanted it to but it didn't seem to bother Pan as he eagerly began to tell them all they wanted to know.

"As both of you already know, you are Hades and Persephone. The greek god and goddess that rule the underworld. Almost everyone has heard the story of how Hades kidnapped Persephone and they fell in love, but what no one knows is that years after they fell in love and got married, they had a baby boy. Demeter was enraged, and demanded that Zeus give them both punishment for bringing a baby into such a terrible atmosphere."

Pan spoke with a deep conviction in his voice, he seemed to be truly hurt by what had taken place. He took a deep breath to compose himself and continued, "So Zeus went to Hecate and asked her to help him with the punishment. She created a spell that would turn a God or Goddess into a mortal. They would be born into the world with no knowledge of who they were and would live out ordinary lives."

Kol scoffed at the boy, "Our lives are anything but ordinary." He was having a hard time believing anything that Pan said.

Instantly, Kayla smacked his arm, "Let him continue." she said with aggravation filling her voice.

Pan gave Kayla a gracious look and continued, "Once they died, they would return back to their original bodies and resume their lives. What they weren't counting on is Hades finding out about the spell. He did everything in his power to find a loophole. It just so happens, Hades and Persephone are soulmates and the fates didn't like what Zeus and Hecate were planning. Thus they made it to where Hades and Persephone would be connected as they were as as God and Goddess. They would still feel the soulmate connection which would lead them to each other, giving them the chance to break the spell. Once Zeus was informed of the new event, he decided he would make it to where Hades and Persephone were born in different times."

"Do we really have to listen to this?" Kol asked through their mind-link.

"Kol, aren't you even a little bit curious about this? Let's just listen to Pan and then decide what to do."

"So Persephone went to Hecate, begging and pleading for her to change her mind about the whole situation. But she wouldn't give in. Instead she promised that she would create a spell that would turn whoever was born first into an immortal being." Pan continued. Realization dawned on Kol as he began to really listen to what he was saying. Slowly, he began to believe the boy.

"Is that where my mother got her spell from?" Kol inquired as he stood from his sitting spot.

"That's where the idea came from. Qetsiyah has created the immortality spell and Hecate filled Esther's mind with the ideas for modifying the original spell." Pan replied, he noticed the sun was almost completely rising and he quickly shot up from his spot on the table and stood up. "I need to hurry, I'm almost out of time." Kayla then stood up and walked over to him, "What do you mean by that?"

Pan ignored her question and looked at the two beings, "We've been working on breaking the spell. We're close to being done, but you guys have to stay safe. Scar will do anything in his power to get ahold of the two of you again. We'll talk more once the spell has been lifted."

Kayla reached out for him, but she was too slow. Pan disappeared in a large mass of black smoke, leaving before she had the chance to speak. She slowly turned to face Kol, her expression filled with confusion and a fear of the future, "Now what?"