• 8 •

A small rock rested on the ground, and a second later, it was flipped, an indiscernible green aura around it unless one look closer.

Cecil sighed, she has been flipping this same rock a dozen times, but she still couldn't find a way to toss or throw it. Everytime she tried it, it only rolls to the direction she commands to, and nothing else.

She continued with the flipping motion of her hand, watching the rock, pouting. She flicked her hand to the left once more, and it only rolled for her again.

Cecil lost her patience and she gritted her teeth, feeling something surging within her. She swung her hand aside in frustration, and to her surprise, the rock actually flew instead of rolling.

Despite it being only a second, it still flew.

"Wh...what? It...it flew?"

Her eyes landed on the tiny rock a metre away from her, there was still the tiny black dot from Kai's handiwork.

"It flew!" Cecil threw her hands up in the air, her smile bright. "How--how did I do it? Is it to do with feelings? Energy? Spiritual--"

"..."

"...oh right."

"..."

"...that's how I did it."

Cecil smacked her palm against her forehead. Even after reading the novel thrice, she still forgot some information since there was too much to recall for a novel of three thousand chapters.

The elemental energy in an individual's body worked like a dam. There was a threshold for every section, and after which, the individual is required to "open" the dam, like a gate.

Cecil hadn't even opened the first one, thus, she was only receiving a minimal amount. An amount enough to flip the rock and nothing more.

Until just now, where she forcefully pushed open the gates just for a nanosecond. The energy that leaked in was enough for her to toss the rock like she wanted.

Her eyes twinkled, she was ecstatic at the thought to open her first gate.

This isn't time to lament about the time I've lost. I have to open the gates!

For the sake of my great lord protagonist!

Cecil was jumping with joy on the inside, until another thought struck her.

Wait.

How do I open the gates?

It was probably forcefully opened just now, and that is definitely not the correct way.

Cecil instantly deflated.

Once again, that was not explained in the novel. Moreover, since it was the skill of the mind, it was even harder for Cecil to guess at the logic, even if she viewed it from the author's perspective.

"It seems like you understand the theory of elemental energy now, but you have no idea how to open it, don't you?" Kai stated, approaching Cecil.

Cecil was startled at his presence.

"You are here, again?"

"Because of you, Cecil." Kai admitted with his cute toothy grin.

Cecil coughed awkwardly, not responding to those words.

"The way you cheered to yourself was really cute." Kai added, and this was another blow to Cecil.

Kai, my dear protagonist!