Chapter 15

(Noah's point of view)

"A Rogue."

You can smell its scent coming from all around the woods. As if it was circling something or more specifically someone. I let out a low angry growl at how close it was to Penelope and how easy it could have been for it to harm her.

I look down to see Penelope in my arms. She isn't crying anymore but she isn't relaxed like she was before. "What happened here?" I ask Penelope.

She looks at me with hurt in her eyes and shakes her head. As if she didn't want to speak about it. Looking at her I know I can't just dismiss the topic like that. If the rogue is to come again I need to be ready for anything. "Please Penelope. I need to know what happened. I can help you." As soon as those words leave my mouth Penelope looks at me with utmost anger.

"No you can't. No one can. Look at me Noah. What do you see?" She says waving her hands at herself. Before I could answer she said, " A girl who's broken. No one can fix that. You can't just think that by helping me with something I'm going to fall for you and start popping out your children one moment." Lori was about to interrupt her but Penelope knew it was coming. She furiously looked at Lori and said "This isn't the time." Lori quietly looked down and minded her own business.

She look back to me and continued her rant. "That isn't how life works Noah. Maybe to you it may but to people like me who have to struggle to provide for someone else it's much more difficult. You can't just get rid of a problem like that and expect to have a happily ever after. Noah this is reality not a fairytale. Nothing is going to work out like it's suppose to. Reality is just something else in this world that is here to bring people down and unfortunately I'm one of its targets at the moment." She finally finishes and walks towards the car.

Before she got in she said "Just take me to get my stuff and we can go our separate ways" and then she closed the door behind herself. I was beyond shocked. No one had ever had the audacity to talk to me like that and I could feel a bit of Penelope's emotions. Because of how deeply emotional that conversation was she had let me felt some of her emotions like, grief, sadness, anger, and guilt.

Knowing that I just can't dismiss the topic I tell everybody to get in the car and we drive to my house. On the ride home everybody was so quiet and stiff that you could here whenever someone moved. I gave a side glance to Penelope and could see that her head was resting against the window. She looked exhausted and tired. I didn't know what to do. I felt bad but I had to ask. I couldn't just let her go on with her day as if it was normal. When we got to my house I told her to wait while I went to go grab her stuff. Everybody else got off the car and went there own ways.

I decided to warn my border patrol of the most recent situation so the quickest way was to mind link them. "Chase." I mind link the head of border patrol. "Be in the lookout for rouges. If you are to find any lock them in a cell for interrogation."

"Yes alpha" says chase in a monotone voice.

After I finished getting her stuff I got back in the car and saw her sleeping. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Her light brown hair was cascading down her face, while her features seemed to be selected just for her causing for them to complement her face just right. Her lips seem to have been one of a kind. They were the only ones that actually made me want to kiss them this moment but I wasn't going to because I was going to wait till she was okay with it. Before I would do something I rejected I decided to take her home. We could go and get her bike later.

When we got there I didn't want to wake her up cause of how she relaxed she looked. I walked to her front door and opened it with the keys that were in her duffel bag. I gently placed the duffel bag on the ground beside the front door and went back to the car for Penelope. As I walked back I could see Penelope against the window meaning that if I opened the door she could fall. I quickly opened the door with my werewolf speed and grabbed Penelope before she could even start to fall. I pick her up bridal style and walked inside.

I gently placed her on the couch and looked around the house. It looked pretty big just for two people to be living here. I looked around and found a blanket so I covered her and decided to just sit right next to her. I gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead and thanked my lucky angel to have a mate like her.

I know we just meet and we had fights but nothing could stop me from loving the girl that was destined for me. I suddenly hear a knock on the door. I get up without trying to wake up Penelope and walk towards the door. When I open it a old lady is standing there with Penelope's little sister.

"I didn't know if you were go-" she keeps talking until she finally looks at me and and realizes that I'm not Penelope and grabs Jane and pulls her behind herself. "Who are you?" Asks the lady with suspicion. "Where's Penelope?"

Before I could answer any of her questions, Jane comes from behind her and answers. "Thats Penelope's boyfriend." She then walks towards me and gives me a hug as if we knew each other. The lady looks at me and tries to see if anything is wrong. After multiple seconds of her scanning me she says, "Just take care of them. Penny already has a lot to handle I don't think she likes to take help from others."

I chuckle lightly and say, "Yes ma'am, I've noticed." I close the door behind the lady as she walks away and looked down to Jane who is walking towards Penelope. "Why did you say that?" I ask Jane confused on why she said I was her sisters boyfriend.

"Oh I have a feeling about you too." She says with a tiny smirk as if we didn't know something but she did. She walks towards her kitchen and grabs a granola bar from the counter. She sure as hell seemed more mature than a 5 year old just by the way she talked. "I'm going to my room, if Penny ask tell her I'm doing my homework." Confused I say yes and let her go do what she said.

"Oh Penelope, what have you gone through that you can't let go of and why can't you just accept some type of help from others?" I say with sadness. I look at Penny and see her exhausted face, as if she hadn't slept for multiple days. I tuck her in more and turn the tv on. I lower the volume and in seconds I was fast asleep with nothing to worry about.

Sorry for the wait but I hope you still enjoy :)