6.

7am

Montana

Sitting in the hospital beside Josiah's bed, he was asleep with cloth dressings wrapped all around his chest area. He'd been shot four times but none of them fatal, Thank God.

"Montana, I'm so glad you're here." His mom spoke to me as I smiled small, looking at him while I held onto his hand.

"How long has he been asleep?" I asked. He'd been sleep since I got here about an hour ago and I just wanted him to wake up so he could know that I was here. He needed to know that I was by his side.

"He went into surgery around 1 in the morning, by 2 he was up and talking to everybody..."

"..complaining about you not being here and wondering where you were." She smiled.

"Then when everybody left he ended up going to sleep."

"Can you tell me again what happened exactly?" I asked, needing more information.

"Josiah hasn't said much. All I know is he got into it with someone and they shot at him while him and Kace were sitting in the car."

Shaking my head, I looked down at him. I wasn't mad at him, I wasn't upset and I was over the disagreements. None of that mattered anymore, I was just happy that he was okay.

I could've lost him.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, Messiah walked into the room. My heart dropped as his eyes fell upon me.

"What's up, mama?" He spoke, giving her a hug, his eyes still on me.

"Hey, baby." She smiled small.

"How is he?" He asked, finally taking his eyes off of me.

"He's doing fine. Doctor's said he'll be alright."

"Cool."

"..and don't even worry about it, who ever did this shit is dead."

"Messiah." She spoke in a warning tone.

"Real shit." He spoke, ignoring what she would say next.

"Montana, come here." He nodded his head toward the door, leaving out of the room.

Staying silent as Ms. Carol looked at me, I kissed the back of Josiah's hand before leaving out of the room.

As I walked out, Messiah stood there looking at me in disgust while I closed the door.

"What are you doing that shit for?"

"Huh?" I said since I had nothing else to say, just trying to stall time to get my words together.

"Why are you stripping, Monty?"

Sighing, I decided that I wasn't going to lie like I'd originally planned to do after listening to Chocolate's stupid advice.

"Money." I spoke simply and he scoffed as I looked down.

"Why not just ask Josiah for money instead doing hoe shit?"

"First of all, It's not doing hoe shit. I don't have sex with anyone. I just dance. And I don't want to ask him for any money. It's not his job to take care of me."

"So stripping..." He trailed off with a laugh.

"..stripping was the last resort? Instead of putting your pride aside?"

Saying nothing, I just looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Please don't tell him, Messiah." I could already tell by the look on his face that he was going to tell him.