CHAPTER 6: CODENAMES

3RD PERSON's PoV

"Stop crying Ryota, I'll buy you toys later." Dark Salamander softly and patiently stated at Ryota who can't stop crying inside the cabinet while reaching out for his hands.

"I want my Mommy..." Ryota cried while pushing Dark Salamander's hands away to avoid him from touching his arms. He never stopped crying even for a bit while wailing out his mommy.

"Me too, young man. I also want your mommy." He paused when a question popped in his mind. "Don't you want a Daddy?" Dark Salamander asked him sweetly with twinkling his eyes.

For awhile, Ryota stopped crying but continued sobbing while looking at the man infront of him. Later on, he nod at him.

Dark Salamander smiled.

"Then let me be your Daddy. Tell your Mommy to marry me so we can be family. You'll gonna have a Daddy again..." Dark Salamander stated sweetly with a smirk inside his mind. Now he knows a bait to have Alex in his own house... but...

"No. I don't like you." Ryota said pointedly and continued sobbing. Dark Salamander has his fist curled in anger and annoyance but he held back.

"Why don't you like me to be your Daddy, Ryota? I can give you all that you need and all that you want." He convinced Ryota with such coolness and sugary coated words. But Ryota doesn't really like him because he likes someone else to be his daddy...

"I don't like you. I like my uncle Roby to be my Daddy, not you..." Ryota replied as tears run down his cheeks.

That's it. Dark Salamander thought. He knew what Ryota is talking about and it pissed him off. What is this kid's obsession about that man who always protects his mommy?

Dark Salamander cannot just barge in Kashimoto residence because the man who was with Alex awhile back kept on protecting them. The leader of the RK mafia, Black Mamba.

Dark Salamander's hand held Ryota on his chin in a tight manner but not strong enough to hurt him.

"So you like that man awhile back? That man with your mother?" He asked angrily as invisible smoke comes out of his ears and nose. He was annoyed. Eveyone always choose that Black Mamba, Black Mamba, Black Mamba here, Black Mamba there, is there no one to say 'Dark Salamander'? It's always that black Mamba!

Ryota didn't replied but cried instead. Dark Salamander nod and let him go.

"Then I'll kill your uncle, if that's the only way for you to like me..." he walked away from the room.

'Why do they always choose that billionaire boy over me?' He asked himself silently while planning about how he's going to kill Black Mamba.

ALEX'S POV

"Alex..." I turned a little to Roberto who called. I still can't believe that my baby is taken away from me. My Ryota...

"Why?" I asked coldly while adding a glare to him. Tears won't stop running down my cheeks. This is what I feared my whole life, that one of my boys will be taken away from me. I felt like I'm a failure as a mother.

What did Takeru ever do to them that they even involve his kids?

"You want to help me save Ryota, right?" He asked in a very challenging way that made me want to shout at his face 'YES!'.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" I barked at him with a glare. He already knew my answer yet he asked that to me.

He smiled and stood from the chair he's sitting at.

I really hate to admit it but he looks so handsome when he smiled so I looked away. I wagged that thinking away before thinking about my Ryota again.

"Then join my mafia. Join me." He stated all of a sudden that made me turn to him in horror.

Wait, what?

"Huh?" I gaped at him. He smiled again.

"Join me." He whispered and reached out for my hand. As his hand touched mine, I felt a type of electricity that comes through my veins.

"Why is that?" I asked angrily when I get back to my senses as I pull my hand back. I was like pulling my hand from a boiling water.

He eyed me pitifully. He bend to have an eye to eye level with me.

"Once you are a part of my mafia fam, we are now a family. We hide our identity, we hide our location, no one will know who we are, we are ready to back up each other whenever when we are in danger, we protect each other, we detect each other but stays together as brothers and sisters." He whispered, almost making me serious. "We work together as one, we stand together to protect our places... we never a hurt innocent human-being. Our main is to protect our rights as human beings and rights of being a free human."

I was looking at him the whole minute while thinking about Ryota.

"We are not like the other mafia in the world, Alex. My mafia is composed of private agents, spies, powerful detectives, active trackers and many more who are legally educated." He continued. I was listening to his voice all this time while staring at him.

Wow...

I remembered cases that he solved and many crimes that he has solved. With his words, I feel like I was being dragged towards them.

All I think for now is to save my Ryota. I cannot just track Ryota or save Ryota by my own. I also need comrades.

And Roberto is here to help. He's been with me all this time and I learned to fully trust him.

"I'll join in one condition..." I stated after making up my mind. "Save Ryota no matter what."

Roberto smiled that reaches his ears.

"Very well said. I promise you that." He replied as I check hands with him.

We smiled at each other and pulled away.

"So, welcome to the fam. I now pronounce you as a member of my gang. For now, I want you to pick your own code name..." he said.

Code name?

"For what?" I asked with frowned eyebrows.

"To keep your identity. We'll keep your location and keep your real name and informations about you so no enemy will know about you." He explained as he let me think well.

A code name? Like what?

"Can you give me a suggestion?" I requested. I was thinking about nothing.

He laughed.

"Anything that made you sound scary or powerful. Code names actually represents you." He casually stated while thinking about some names.

"I cannot think of anything." I shrugged when nothing really enters my mind. I think I can settle with nothing.

"Red..." he murmured.

"Huh?" I gazed at him.

"Red... just like your favorite color. You love red, right?" He asked with questioning eyes and stares.

I nod in response.

"What's your favorite animal or insect that you think will represent you?" He asked.

I thinked for awhile. Then something caught my eye on the window.

"Butterfly." I stated.

"Red Butterfly?" He smirk while testing my code name in his tongue. I looked at him silently. "My code name 'Black Mamba' means 'powerful king of the night'. "Black" represents night while "Mamba" represents powerful king."

I nod with amazement.

"What does Red Butterfly wants you represent? Because to me, red means 'Bloody' while Butterfly represents 'freedom'. The Bloody Freedom, sounds dangerous." He chuckled, making me chuckle with him.

"I sound like a bad æss." I whispered.

"Yeah. Yeah you always do." He stated, making me blush. "It makes you look hot." He whispered.

I didn't know if I heard him right but it's what I heard.