Chapter 40: Shadow of Naginata Blades

"Miss Shadow, its an honor to meet you." the head said and bowed, along with the other people with him. They seemed to be unit captains, vice commanders and commanders along with the general.

Yun Ren Xie just glanced at them and looked at the open gate of the estate. "You finished the job." she said, raising the tone of her voice as if applausing them but the truth, she started to despise them. Along with her negative emotion, the weather seemed off and rain will soon drop.

The young general chuckled and even added, "Miss Shadow is quiet secretive, only giving the lists of betrayers one at a time and solely handing it to Vice Commander Toushirou. The higher ups wanted us to do everything we could help for Miss Shadow since you are our benefactor."

"Ha....." Yun Ren Xie sighed and closed her eyes, after a while, she raised her head lazily and looked at the general with a mocking pair of red orbs. "I thought the Bakufu works for the country's advantage yet you....." she stopped halfway and let her frigid pair of eyes wander then stared at Hijikita.

Some of the braver ones looked at their vice commander also with Shadow. They notice their pair of red eyes and bone chilling aura.

"You killed those innocent children in there! You laughed when killing the older ones right?! You even touched the women who are not sinful! A general like you dont deserve it Mister Ruso!" she yelled using her inner force and her anger got even more apparent as she looked straight to Hijikita. In a flash, she vanished and within a second, she is already in front of Hijikita.

With a pair of angry eyes, he knew the girl can kill him without a word, regret and respect which made his heart break apart but he doesnt show any sign of his emotion. "Naito Hayato is really ungrateful. I thought you were any better so I gave you the information you'd need but no, it was a grave mistake. Do you know why I am always at the houses of traitor's? I have been guiding you all to kill those who have grave crimes, punish those who are sinful and save those innocents! Naito, you disappointed me."

The silence was too much and Hijikita is about to speak when Kaozue cant bear it anymore. "Even though you have benefitted the Bakufu, isnt this too much disgrace your doing? We dont even know you but you helped us. What if you are one of them? Is this a thief telling the authorities catch his fellow thief?" Kaozue mocked while walking at Shadow's direction.

He is about to pull the mask when Shadow evaded it and held his wrist. Without a word, Yun Ren Xie used her true strength and twisted Kaozue's arm.

"Aaargh!"

"How ironic! I gave you the right way towards victory yet you have the gut to bite the hand who is feeding you?!" that move was only the start then she elbowed Kaozue's back. Yun Ren Xie doesnt know why her anger rised, but she knew Hijikita also killed some of the innocent ones and two infants. Just how cruel he can be? Saito mercilessly slaughtered the older ones but not those who have no crimes. Souji murdered those women who are sinful but only watched his subordinates take advantage of the young girls. Koazue foolishly killed the young boys for he thought they will take revenge once they grow up and the general told them, not to leave anyone alive.

What can disappoint Yun Ren Xie more? She created monsters instead of heroes! "What disappointment can you bring me more?!" she continued and used her arm to strangle Kaozue.

"Are you trying to rebel?!" the general cant hold it anymore. He really cant understand what Shadow is trying to say.

She let go of Kaozue, coldly glancing at the general. "Mister Ruso Akayama, remember this well. I am a person with own mind and heart, whether I am trying to rebel or not is out of your league. I bet you cant take the criticizing of civillians if they knew what happened today. All of you here let this girl down." Yun Ren Xie scoffed. She then made her way out and left them all dazed. A few passerby saw what happened and after Yun Ren Xie disappeared, she went straight to her room and pulled the quilt.

How narrow minded can her male leads be? She expected the kind Souji but Baoshi told her he only focused in killing the sinful ladies and did not even bother to help the harassed young girls. She hoped for the righteous Naito to finish the job with her but why did it came to this way? Her conscience filled her heart as guilt and regret flushed in her thoughts. What if she did not ended up giving them infos? What if she never created Shadow?

Rain dropped magnanimously from the darkened sky. Leaves started to dance along the cold night breeze as it carried the raindrops. Yun Ren Xie can hear the pitter-patter sound which raced with her heart's beating.

There were so many questions running in her mind and a fragile tear dropped to her chin but a warm soft hand wiped it away. Yun Ren Xie was startled and opened her eyes but soon, her heart settled down, seeing Saito Hajime beside her bed.

"Nightmare?" he asked. Atleast, one of her male leads is still gentle inside. She wanted to speak but her emotion controlled her. Yun Ren Xie only nodded while looking away.

"Soma, I wont forbid you from leaving the yard." Saito said which made Yun Ren Xie look at him with a surprised face. "Sleep."

"Oniisan...... dont leave me." Yun Ren Xie lowered her voice. She unconsciously held Saito's hand and grasp unto it tightly.

'Host, the original owner of the body is trying to get over you. You should overcome her childish feeling.' Baoshi warned, the system is currently holding the original Soma within the void but its strong emotion and desire can break the first layer of restriction.

However, Yun Ren Xie did not heed Baoshi's warning. "Its.... Its not convenient for-"

Boom! Thunder have strucked with lightning and it startled Yun Ren Xie unexpectedly.

Saito did not even finish his sentence when his sister hugged him. His heart went beating fast and hesitated to touch Soma, even a wisp of her hair. Unfortunately, he slowly caressed his sister's long dark hair and placed his other hand on Soma's back.

"Please?" Yun Ren Xie cant understand herself anymore, why was she even pleading for a man to stay at her side?

"Fine." seeing how shock Soma is from the thunder, he cant help but assure his sister.