05

Adrien Johns

"Now, where were we?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

Charlie looked up at me from his phone and flashed me a big grin. "I'm guessing we should have that talk now."

"Yes, we should." I replied. "So let's head up to my room now. O-only if you don't mind of course!" I stammered.

"Sounds good." he blushed.

I didn't want to sound like I was inviting him up to my room, but that's exactly what I was doing. I promise I don't have any ulterior motives. Not yet anyway.

Charlie followed me up the stairs and down the hallway. When we approached the door to my room, I took a deep breath before I let him in.

"So, this is my room. Hehe." I spoke sheepishly. Why was I getting so nervous?

I guess it was because I had never brought a crush to my room before. It was actually more frightening than I'd imagined. Now that I am thinking more about it, he's literally right here. Charlie Hunt is in my presence at this very moment.

I always imagined meeting someone and learning more about them. I imagined introducing them to my father and they eventually grow comfortable around each other. I imagined all of our firsts together. My first time having them over, our first date, first movie marathon, first hug, first time shopping together, first kiss, first embarrassing moments, and eventually our first time sleeping together.

Of course I wanted to be able to hold someone for the first time. Someone that was mine. Someone that I loved. Someone I could give my all to. I could see Charlie being that person. Charlie is my first crush, I want him to be my first everything.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Charlie abruptly sat in my desk chair across from my bed.

"You see Adrien..." he leaned forward with his legs crossed, chin rested on top of his hands and his elbows rested on his knees like this was some sort of interrogation. "I've been meaning to ask you about this for quite a while now and since it seems like the right time, I'm gonna take this chance while I have it."

He motioned for me to sit down on the bed. I was honestly surprised by his comfortableness with me so far but I was also glad it wasn't awkward with him. This is why I like him so much. He was shy and cute at times but he also has a goofy and charismatic side to him.

I decided to play along with his bit. "Ask away."

"I'm gonna ask you a series of questions and I expect an honest answer. Do you understand?" he spoke, I nodded. "I need verbal confirmation." he demanded.

"Yes, I understand." So he wanted to play it like that huh? He slid the chair closer to where I was on the bed so that he was directly in front of me.

"Let's begin." He cleared his throat. "Name three things you liked as a kid that you still like now."

"Hmm, I would say....legos, SpongeBob, and surprisingly I still like TMNT." I stated honestly.

"Oh really? I'm more of a Power Rangers guy. And I'm sure everyone still watches SpongeBob. Have you seen the movie Mean Girls?"

"Of course! I even wear pink on some Wednesday's." We both laughed.

"Are you into politics at all?" he rose an eyebrow.