𝐈𝐗. I MUST NOT TELL LIES

CHAPTER NINEI MUST NOT TELL LIES

CHAPTER NINE
I MUST NOT TELL LIES

§ § §

I ignored everyone for the rest of the day, locking myself in the dorms until it was time for me to go to detention. I sighed, grabbed my bag, and exited the dorm for the first time since earlier today.

"Giovanna!" Draco greeted me the second I came out, a worried look on his face.

"I have to go," I mumbled, trying to push past him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me in place as I tried to escape his grip. I huffed and gave up, blowing a piece of hair out of my face.

"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

"To apologize."

"Oh, well, you do that a lot, don't you?"

Draco scowled, retreating away from me. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You always have to apologize. You always want to. Maybe, it would be better, if you just stopped having to apologize. Stop saying things that call for an apology." I glared at him.

"Yeah? Well, let me tell you, you haven't been a big ray of sunshine yourself either." He exclaimed.

"Me?" My eyebrows raised. "I'm the same as I've always been, it's you who's this sweet boyfriend one minute and an awful person the next!"

Draco glowered at me before shaking his head. "You've seriously got everything mixed up, Potter."

"Potter?" I scowled. "That's where we're at now?"

"Maybe it is!" He glared.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

We were both quiet before I whispered, "I have to go, Malfoy," And hurried out of the common room.

I knew I was in the wrong. I knew I should've listened to him. I knew he was trying to be better for me. I knew I was acting different.

But I guess my ego has grown too big.

I sniffed and wiped tears from my eyes as I met up with Harry in the hallway. He looked worried at my saddened state. 

"Some first day, huh?" Was all I sad, offering a weak grin.

"Some first day." He nods. We walk into Umbridge's office only to be greeted with the strong smell of her flowery perfume, and pink walls that made me want to take black and green paint and paint over every inch of the room.

What made me the most uncomfortable, however, was the porcelain dishes on shelves all along the door that had painted moving cats on them. Harry and I shared a look.

Not how Lupin had it. I tell Harry.

Hard to believe we learned how to fight Dementors in here. He replied, agreeing.