1

Hey guys! It's Karissa! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a long time, I was experiencing some severe writer's block. Now I have some more ideas. Disclaimer: All characters belong to Shannon Messenger. Hope y'all enjoy! Also, the cover was created by the incredibly talented 3424896o6!

"Okay class. Today we are learning about Abraham Lincoln," Professor Bronte droned in his nasally voice. His short black hair starkly contrasted with his pale skin, and his eyes were an extremely light blue that seemed to see right through you. He had the build of a football player, which frightened most of his students, even though he wasn't much taller than any of them.

Stina Heks raised her manicured hand before he could continue, and Sophie rolled her eyes. Stina was such a suck-up whenever teachers were around, but a bully whenever they weren't. "Have you ever heard of the strange correlation between Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy?"

"No Miss Heks," Professor Bronte sighed. "You can amuse me another time, but I have a class to teach right now." Stina pouted, sticking out her lower lip, which smeared her lipstick a bit. Stina didn't seem to notice, and Sophie tried to hold back a laugh. Unfortunately, she didn't keep it back well enough, so she passed it off as a coughing fit. "Are you alright, Miss Foster?"

"Yes sir," Sophie responded timidly. She hated being the center of attention and was really shy when anyone tried to talk to her. Sophie supposed it would have been different if she'd had a good friend group, or even any friends at all. Well, she had one friend, Jensi, but he didn't count because they hardly saw each other anymore since he started homeschooling. 

"Miss Foster?" a voice asked, startling Sophie out of her thoughts.

"Y-yes sir?" she answered.

"I asked you a question."

"I'm sorry sir. Would you please repeat the question?" Someone in the back of the room snickered, and Sophie blushed bright red.

"Do you have something to say, Mr. Sencen?"

"Not a thing sir," he answered cooly, as if Professor Bronte didn't intimidate him. Of course, Keefe was the most popular boy in school, so he probably wasn't intimidated. Keefe had a new girlfriend almost every week- he would dump them once he got "bored". Sure Sophie had once been under the "Keefe Sencen Spell", but she got over it once she realized how he treated his girlfriends. She did still think he was hot with his ice blue eyes and meticulously disheveled hair that he cared so much about, but she didn't have a crush on him or anything.

"Well Miss Foster, I asked you what year president Lincoln was elected into office." Sophie closed her eyes and saw the answer in her photographic memory.

"1860," she answered confidently. Professor Bronte's eyes widened.

"I forgot about your photographic memory, Miss Foster. Please accept my apology. Perhaps I should go a little bit harder on you," he said. "Does anyone else in here have a photographic memory?" he asked the rest of the class. Much to everyone's surprise, Keefe raised his hand.

"That's right. Foster isn't the only special one here." Sophie blushed.

"That explains it..." Professor Bronte murmured. "The great... incident of 2017... incredible." Sophie thought she heard him mumble something in between great and incident, but she didn't know what it was.

Ahahaha! See how I incorporated that in there. Maybe you'll find out what it is... maybe you won't. -Karissa