Thea's First Words

I don't know how many times I watched that gif. I'm so whipped for him. Just saying. 

And oh my gosh, another bonus chapter so soon?! Well, I was in the mood. 

This is a super cutesy one. I hope you enjoy it, my sweet peas!

S x

de·light

Céline.

"Love, can you get this for me? I can't reach," I called for my husband who was in the living room, before muttering, "So much for being tall. Even with this height, it still blows."

Harry was off for a couple of days, which was nice so we could spend some quality time with him — especially since he was on-call during the past week. Sometimes he'd be gone for a week, or more, at a time; and that's if he's attending a conference in another city or state. There's no doubt that I miss him during that time. Heck, I do even just for the day.

During my three-month maternity leave when Thea was born, it made me realise that I wasn't going to be able to go back to work — so I quit. She was my only flesh and blood, and I wanted to be there for all of her firsts. I never wanted to skip out on any precious moments between my daughter and I. Especially since Harry wasn't around all the time, I didn't want to deprive her of another parent. No doubt, though, she definitely missed her father.

It was remarkable how she always acted when he was coming home, she'd shriek and make playful noises the second he entered the door. His voice was majestical to her, and she missed it — as did I. He'd always pick her up, placing a sweet kiss atop her head. Her hands would stretch out, attempting a hug, which was typically a learned behaviour; and my guess was that she started to notice how often Harry and I would give one to each other. We never failed to show a certain amount of affection in front of her. It was healthy for her to see that — and we wanted her to indirectly understand how much her father and I love one another.

Then, there was my education, which I've taken a break from continuing my doctorate. Time is precious; and all I wanted to do with it, was cherish the moments I have with my daughter, husband, and family. A person can finish their schooling at any age of their life — so I knew that it wouldn't hold me back on that sense.

I'd even heard stories about people in their seventies that went back to get their high school diplomas — those simply touched my heart. If it took me until I was that old to finish my highest degree, then so be it. At least, I'll have so many memories to look back on, knowing that it was well worth the wait.

Money wasn't a problem, and thankfully, it never has been during our married life. Harry made more than enough money to support his family — and even more. He donates whatever he can to those families who are less fortunate and helps trying to find orphaned children in homes that are worthy enough for them.

When Harry met me, and then Hazel, he told me that we changed his life. I knew that we already did, but I didn't realise that it went to the extent of wanting to help change other people's lives. It surprised me when he came and told me what he was doing. It was one of the many things he'd done throughout our marriage — and it only made me love him more.

Harry had been lounging around the house all day, doing nothing but relaxing. I knew that work stressed him out, even though he loved it wholeheartedly. He always needed a day, or two — or more — to be able to feel at complete ease so that he could go back to his career with a fresh and positive mindset.

My eyes glanced at my husband as he walked towards me from across the room. The comfortable look that he showed always made me swoon. Sweatpants hung low on his hips, a loose t-shirt hiding his fit torso, socks covering his feet, built forearms and biceps in which I could see the dips and curves of his muscles, and dishevelled hair. Faintly, the swirls of black ink drawn on his skin were visible through his shirt; and that was a sight I could never get tired of.