Chapter Five: Death Marks The Spot

Why would your sister want revenge? I would understand if you would want revenge, you're the one who's heartbroken because you've been fucked over for almost four years. That's a lot of time to make up for. But looking at you now, you're smiling.

Maybe because you're halfway drunk. But you can thank your friends for that. But that Stephanie girl, is very questionable. I'm starting to think that she may be another Peach. She could take you to Paris if she wanted to. Hell, she could take you to Paris, and buy the goddamn Eiffel Tower if she wanted to.

Okay, maybe that's stretching it. Come to think of it, why the hell would a ridiculously rich and famous person rent a small apartment? And also next to me? Yes, she's taken Claudia and Paco's place. Now all I hear at night is the constant moaning and groaning from both her and the next random guy. Last night, Jared. I think.

Could she be another P.I? Couldn't be, I completely cleared my name. Mia, your friends are driving me insane and I barely know them. But you may want to keep Camille. She's no Annika or Lynn, that's for sure. She's Jesus, compared to those two. And thank God that I don't have another male "friend" that you could hook her up with. Women like you and Camille, deserve the world in the palm of your hand. Stephanie, on the other hand...

I totally forgot why I was still here. You're not going to end up on the train tracks tonight nearly blacked out drunk over some manwhore, like someone I used to love. You'll be fine tonight-

"Guys, we should go somewhere so I could do a poetry reading."

Spoke too fucking soon.

"A poetry reading?" Stephanie gave you a curious look. "It's almost midnight, where the hell would we even go?"

"Greenpoint." You answered.

For the love of Christ, Mia!

Camille shrugged. "Sure."

Stephanie sipped on her wine before playfully rolling her eyes. "Fine. But, you sure you're dressed for Greenpoint? You're wearing a two hundred dollar dress."

You looked down. Did you actually forget what you were wearing? That's adorable. You chuckled. "Good point. Tomorrow."

Tomorrow it is.

~

"I thought you were ignoring me." Marnie began.

"Well, usually when a seventeen year old texts me when I'm trying to have a drink, I tend to choose the better option." I explained.

She folded her arms. "Don't ever compare me to cheap alcohol ever again. What did you even drink, a Mike's Hard?"

Hypnotic, actually. Or however the hell it was spelled. "What do you want, Marnie?"

"Well, I don't know if you've heard the news from your new modeling buddies, or the asshole himself. Mia's single." Marnie announced. I already knew. I made it happen. "And she's ready to mingle."

You're serious?

"What does that have to do with me?"

"I see the way you look at my sister. I'm not blind. You have the hots for her. And, I don't blame you. She's gorgeous."

I couldn't agree more.

"Okay. Woah, what?"

"Joey, let's cut to the chase. I want to help my sister make Brandy jealous, in a lowkey, secretive way. And you are the perfect person to do that." Marnie explained.

"Soooo-"

"Jesus, Joey, you were so much more intelligent in my head." Marnie interrupted. "I'm going to hook you two up. Camille and Stephanie support me a hundred percent anyways."