i. Why Me?

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

[Your POV]
Why do all the bad things happen to me?

Like the time I reenacted the Lion King opening scene with my cat without realizing my windows open. I still get questions from the neighbors on how my singing lessons were coming along.

Or like the time I was in a grocery store, thought I saw my cousin in an aisle, ran up to him and slapped his butt. It wasn't my cousin.

Oh, and wait, like the one time I bought a bath bomb from Walmart (I guess that was my first mistake) and I wound up with a lunatic with ridiculous amount of big d- energy claiming to be a demigod.

The bath bomb had been a lovely swirl of turquoises, whites, teals, and seafoam colors. It was the last one on the shelf and I'd bought it. Later that day I'd gone back to my apartment and had immediately prepared myself for a nice hot bath.

The bathtub was pretty small, so it didn't take long for the hot water to fill up. Already stream was slowly rising fogging up the windows and mirror of the bathroom. I had eagerly stripped my clothes and freed the bath bomb from its plastic wrapping.

Then, leaning over the tub, I dropped the beautiful ball into the water and watched with fascination as it immediately began to bubble and its beautiful oceanic colors bled out into the water. The tub water really did look like some photoshopped, fantasy-like sea.

At the time I'd been determined to try and find the same type of bath bomb later because I'd loved the colors. Now? If I ever saw that kind of bath bomb anytime in my life, it would be too soon. But I'm getting too ahead of myself aren't I?

I turned away from the tub to twist my thick hair into a tight bun on my head to prevent my hair getting wet. I had just finished twisting the hairband when I first noticed a strange noise. It was almost like a hissing sound, as if pressurized water vapor escaping from a tea kettle.

Frowning, I quickly turned around to face my tub.

And stared.

The water in my tub was bubbling. Not the normal small bubbles bath bombs generally produced. Rather it seemed to be angrily boiling, as if the tub was some sort of cauldron being heated over a bonfire. Massive plumes of steam was escaping my tub and making the air in the bathroom unbearably hot and heavy.

I staggered a little, gripping the sink counter behind me to steady myself. The hard edge of the counter felt slippery under my touch. This wasn't normal was it? Did it have something to do with the brand of bath bomb I'd bought?

Suddenly the bubbling water vanished.

I held my breath as all the bubbles disappeared and the surface of the water stilled.

And then the water erupted.

A shriek escaped me as the water seemed to shoot up to the ceiling in one huge column of vibrant greens and deep blues. I shielded my eyes, expecting to feel a wave of hot water crash over me.

Instead I felt a strangely cool breeze and the sound of an exhale, almost as if the water had sighed.

Silence once again fell as heavily as the humidity in the bathroom.

After a few more moments I slowly opened my eyes and cautiously peeked above my arm. I didn't know what I expected.

But it certainly wasn't the figure of a tall man standing in the middle of my tub where he hadn't been moments before. Steam shrouded him but even as I stared the white fog seemed to thin and reveal more of his features.

That's when I realized he was naked.

My mouth opened but at first not a sound escaped me.

The man in my tub glanced down at himself mildly before sweeping his dark doe-like gaze around the bathroom before landing on me. "Goodness," he said, voice surprisingly smooth and melodic, "I had many ideas of how and where my curse would be broken and I'd be freed. It certainly wasn't in a tiny bathtub though. By the way, nice thighs. Always liked a lady with some actual legs. The last woman I slept with was a faun and her legs, to put it mildly, was furry as heck and not at all ideal."

And that's when I began screaming.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Edit by HM00N1997  😂 💜