(Ch-5) Bad News

I reached the park, the cold wind blowing gently on my face causing my hair to rise up a bit. I like it like this, when there is no one here, just me and Tyler. Sometimes just me.

I put my skateboard under my armpits walking over to the huge ramp, the moon light shining on my face. I climbed up after struggling twice. I looked around, the park was alluring with its spray painted designs, quotes, potraits and drawings, the leaves, now crunchy reddish brown slowly and gently falling on the ramps and slides. The moonlight shining on it making it even more attractive.

I sat on the edge of the huge ramp, my back facing the secret entrance me and Tyler found when we first found this place. My feet dangling from the edge, I liked swinging my legs back and forth, so that what I did as I patiently waited for Tyler, for the next 20 minutes.

"Ughh, Tyler where are you?" I groaned to myself.
I took out my phone ready to text him, but then I felt a pair of strong yet soft hands holding the sides of my shoulders.
I shrieked and jumped up.
"Boo!"

I turned around to see Tyler.
I playfully punch his left arm "Don't ever do that again!" I say playfully through gritted teeth.
He holds the place where I punched him "Oww".
"Mhm, you deserve that!" I said, dramatically flipping my hair.
He shook his head and let out a slight chuckle.
I noticed something on the top of his head.
"Is that a beanie?" I had a weird look on my face.
He nodded, biting the insides of his rosy cheeks.
"Since when do you wear them?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He simply shrugged, not making eye-contact on purpose.
"Tyler?" I said, a little worried.
"I've know you since for ever, and you never wear beanies." I said in the same worried tone.
"You said they mess up your "perfect" hair." I said with a forced laughter.
He still didn't make eye-contact.
"Oh God, please don't tell me you have cancer." I lightly joked.
He looked shocked, like REALLY shocked and dozed off into space. The kind of shock you get, when you find out you failed on that test you worked super hard on.
"Tyler, are you ok?" I slightly looked him.
He shook his head and sat beside me. He covered his face with his palms.
"Ty-Tyler?" I felt my voice starting to crack, I rubbed his back to soothe him from whatever he was dealing with.
I called his name one more time but I didn't get any response.
"You're right..." He said, ever so quietly. His voice was trembling. Now I know this is very serious.

Tyler hasn't been eating so properly for a couple of months, he's also been rarely active too. He stays home from school quite frequently, he texts me telling me that he's injured his leg, but I know it's far more worse than that. And on top of that we rarely hangout anymore cause of his "leg Injury" that is why I was I was so excited to hang out with him. These were like a pieces of a puzzle slowly to be put together. I knew he was hiding something from me, we never hide anything from eachother.

I shook him, trying to get his attention. He looked up, his eyes puffed up and red, his face pale, his créme hands soaked from his sorrow tears. "Tyler?" I asked, unsure what to say to him in this situation. Instead I hugged him from the side, he showed a sad smile, his tears still streaming down his face and put his hands around me.

"Are you going to tell me what's up or?" I asked taking my hand off of him, and him slowly taking his hands of of me.
He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.
He opened his eyes to look right back at me.
I hummed, unsure what to do. "So, did anything happen at school?" I ask, fiddling with my fingers.
He shook his head.

He sighed and looked down at his thighs, I realized it was getting darker.
"I've b-been diag-no-nosed with-" he stopped taking in a deep breath.
"Yes?" I asked, feeling my heart racing faster than ever, at my curiosity. Still not looking at him and fiddling with my fingers.
He took in a another deep breath and looked at the direction of the bright, cressent moon.
He closed his eyes. "Cancer."

My whole world stopped at that point, my eyes widened, my heart stopped beating. I looked up to see if he was serious, a tear of dismay came down from his right cheek. I felt my eyes become watery.

I didn't even stop the waterwork from happening, I let my tear slip out, slowly dripping to my hands, one by one.
A sob escaped from my now wet lips. Tyler looked at me and brought me closer to him. My face buried in his chest, his hands wrapped around my arms and waist. That made my cry even more. The thought of losing someone to cancer. I already did once, I don't want to go through it again.

Tyler tried to calm me down as much as he could, but I didn't budge. The thought of your best friend being diagnosed with cancer sucks. Tyler's been my best friend since 2nd grade, I'm not letting him go. He's been there for me, since forever. Now it's my turn to be there for him.

I got off of him and turned to look at him, he gave me a reassuring smile, I could see his tears held back, trying to be strong for me. He brought his hands to both of my cheeks and used his fingers to wipe my salty tears away. I smiled.

I waited a couple minutes. "C-can I ta-tak-ke off y-your be-beanie?" My voice still trembling.
He looked uncertain but nodded.
I reached out for his brown, knitted beanie. I took it off and smiled.
"You look handsome" I gave him a reassuring smile, looking at his bald, shaved head. I lightly kissed it and started soothing it.

---------------------
𝔸/ℕ:
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know it's a bit sad. I just wanna say that I work really hard on these and come up ideas for this story, so it would mean alot to me if you voted.

Thanks!

Don't forget!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Ciao!