Chapter Thirty: Ruari

Wah! 30k!!! I was wondering if we'd reach the mark before this chapter comes out and we did! YOU are all so cool. THANK YOU

This chapter is dedicated to my followers (you know who you are). Thank you so much for the support, for taking the time to read, vote, comment and most of all for following me. I really appreciate it. k",)

Fun fact about me: When I'm having a block this song seems to propel me forward. (you gotta love ed)

----->

*  *  *  *  *

I could feel him...

I felt his agitation and sudden fear of not sensing me near, his confusion and sudden panic. I tried to link my mind with his but he's too confounded for me to successfully reach or connect with his psyche.

I waited in anticipation and nervousness as I felt him drew closer to the waterfall. Ciaran burst through the tree line and once he caught sight of me in the pool, went straight towards the water.

I was expecting a show of temper and irritation, anger even. But Ciaran surprised me when he didn't scream or shout instead he grabbed me to him. He held me close, tight, like he was reaffirming himself that I was really there. And the moment he realized that he really has me in his arms, he calmed down.

I wrapped my arms around him and from the simple touch I understood where his fears are coming from. I guess my disappearing act five years ago really did a number on him.

The minute his feelings were back to normal Ciaran's thoughts immediately linked with mine. It felt good to finally be able to read his thoughts, to finally get a glimpse as to how his mind works. I know in the future he could easily block me out but right now, I'm enjoying this new sensation.

I don't think he knows. I doubt he's even conscious of doing it. From the way he's holding me, I think Ciaran's still too shaken to realize we're mind linking for the first time.

Our talk was long overdue. We both suffered for years because of it. Clearing the air should have been done the moment I stepped back in Moonscape. We had a lot of issues between us but once we've started talking I guess both of us realized our situation was not as dire as we first thought. And now it's all cleared and over with we can finally move on. Get on with our lives.

'We'll start over' is what he told me. 'This time we have to make damn sure we'd do it right.' I wholeheartedly agree.

After everything we've been through, after all the shit we had to deal with, this time we'd take our time and figure this together. It's what we should have done in the first place.

I have to say it's nice to be wanted. To be desired and needed. I've never had all those, not until Ciaran. I know we still have a long way to go but I can say with confidence, this time, we're finally on the right track.

We're on our way back to the pack house when it crossed my mind that there's something I needed to ask him, something that's been bothering me for quite some time.

"Ciaran," I started.

"Yes?" He turned his head to me and arched an eyebrow.

"Why haven't you told me the council have been pressuring you about the mating ritual?" I asked.

Bran let a slip some time ago that the council has been constantly nagging Ciaran about my position in pack or when we'd perform the mating ritual. Since I came back they've been relentless and it became a popular topic during council meetings.

I thought Bran was just funning me because I haven't heard a word about performing the mating ritual from Ciaran. But Lorcan inadvertently confirmed everything Bran said during our recent conversation.