Blind -18

It's now the 3rd day of internationals and all we know so far is that we are doing the 2 - 7 person dance. I'm apart of that dance.... and I'm really nervous because there a twist and we don't know what that is so we are waiting in the foyer for Giselle to come tell us.

"Guys!" She says out of breath, "we have to do the dance BLIND!!" She rasps.

"Blind?" We all yell back.

"Yeah." She replies out of breath still, " by the way that rep is really scary.."

"Okay so let's go rehearse."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We been rehearsing for a while now and we are going terribly. I fell over Riley and ended up on the other side of the room - somehow I don't even know why or how.

"Wow. Yes. That was terrible." A person says.

We soon all take off our blindfolds and realise it was West.

" when did you get here? Mm?" Riley asks.

" well I just walked in, I just wanted to see how the dance was going. And clearly it's a mess, don't worry though. I have a genius idea. If you guys are willing to add one more person, I think you could-" west starts.

" are you crazy?"

" how can we add one other person into this?"

" forfeit or add another person? I'm going with forfeit." I joke while raising my hand. Everyone ignores me. "It was just a joke..."

" no no no. I'm telling you guys, Trust me, you guys need Noah. He's like Marco Polo on a ship without a compass. Blindfolded." West finishes.

Cierra and I exchange looks, both thinking the exact same thing. Noah? How didn't we think of that?

" guys he's right I've seen it." Cierra says.

" yeah he's like magic, really." I say.

" you know what don't even worry about guys I'm gonna prove it." West says while walking out of the room.

He walks back in with Noah and I look at him and smile. I don't know what he is to me, but I'm going to figure it out- sometime.

West places Noah at the front of the room blind folded, while we stand around the around in front of him holding balls.

"I will now prove my point." West says " throw them at him."

One by one we throw a ball, not all does he catch it but he says our name too.

"Giselle, Cierra, Riley, Michelle."

Then it's my turn and I peg it at him, he catches it.

"No Need to throw so hard, El." He laughs and I smile while shaking my head.

"Well you caught it didn't you."

" my point exactly." West says feeling accomplished. "All in your favour for in,raise your hand."

We all raise our hands.

" and there it is."

"Okay but we only have a dance at five not six." Giselle says.

"I'll back out." I say softly while raising my hand and everyone looks at me...

I wanted to drop out because I'm not that coordinated, I know I'm a dancer and all, but me and blindfolds they don't really work together. Also I've been in all the dances so far - except for Male soloist but that doesn't really count but still that's a lot of pressure, what if we don't Advance because I fall into a spotter. I would be so embarrassed.

Michelle pulls me away from the group.

"Listen you're not gonna do this."

"Why not." I ask.

" listen guys I'm the alternate for the team. I'll back out." Michelle Address is the team. Making me frown, I just got all the pressure put back on me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We've been rehearsing for a while and we finally get a water break and that's when Noah comes up to me.

"Hey.. why did you want to back out?" He asks softly.

I look at him and slightly frown.

" because I've been in all dances so far. And I know for a dancer I should be coordinated but I'm not. Especially when I'm blindfolded. I can't see for shight in the dark, how do you expect me to dance blindfolded, what if I fall into a spotter. Then the team wouldn't advance and we'll lose internationals." I rant.

"Hey, don't Think like that you'll be fine." He says placing a hand on my arm.

" Noah?" I ask. " what are we?"

This takes him back to his Conversation with James.

"I don't know. What do you want us to be?" He asks.

"Uhm." I look into his eyes, "I want-" I get cut off by Giselle telling us it's time to go. "Uh? Talk later?"

"Talk later."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Then it's our time to perform. We step on the stage find our spots and put on a blindfolds.

We start dancing and I'm so nervous, I feel like I'm going to fall when I feel hands wrap around my waist, I know it's Noah. We do a lift and it was terrifying, while I'm in the air I whisper 'Im scared' making sure not to move my lips to much.

I hear a soft 'I know, you'll be fine.' Before he places me in my place and I continue to dance while he moves onto the next person.

Noah's P.O.V
The dance just started and I feel really confident. I know that I will be able to guide the girls to the dance and we will advance, I just have a feeling.

And then my turn to go to Ellie, and we have to do a lift, she was already scared enough but when my hands wrapped around her waist I feel her relax.

I left her into the air and hear a barley audible 'I'm scared' I continue lifting her as I spin and whisper ' I know, you'll be fine' before I move into Giselle.

And before I know it, the dance is finished with El standing on the chair with her hand grasping my shoulder, she was shaking. Before we take off our blindfolds I turn around and lift Ellie off the chair, help her take off her blindfold then I take off mine and smile at her. Then we go to the front and bow.

"Welcoming back to the stage, Locronan Ecole Royal De Danse." The Announcer says.

I'm a nervous wreck at the moment, i'm clutching Noah and Riley's hands, what if the French team beats us?

" and the winner, moving onto round four of seven is........ The Next Step."

We all grin Cheshire cats, and run off stage. West hugs Noah and once he lets go if him, I run into Noah's arms and hug him tightly.

"Thanks for not dropping me." I whisper.

"I could never." He whispered back, everyone around us again saying 'Awwww' and we began to blush and finally released each other, before our team walked away from the wings.