[50] Alena

I wake to the beeping of machines next to me, and groggily sit up, where am I? what's happening?

"Easton?" I question as I sit up confused

"Aubrey, you're awake." Amara joins me at my bedside "do you remember anything?"

"Caleb bought me in, I went into labor?" I sit up a little more and winch in pain. "Oh my god, where's Alena? Is she okay?"

"She's fine, the nurse has her, they'll bring her back in a moment." Amara smiles "she so beautiful, she looks so much like Easton, she has his hair and his eyes."

"Amara what happened? Why don't I remember anything? Why don't I remember being in labor?" I mumble as tears roll down my cheeks 

"You passed out in the hallway when the nurse went to get you a chair. There were issues with Alena and you had her via C section but she's okay and she's healthy and she's going to be just fine."

I take a deep breath and nod my head. "I swear he was here with me," I whisper

"Caleb?"

"No, Easton, I could hear him talking to me, I'm sure I could." I take another shaky breath 

"Oh honey." she sighs softly and shakes her head "It was only Caleb here with you, and he didn't leave your side."

"My mind is playing tricks on me," I say sadly

"Look Alena your Mummy is awake." The nurse smiles as she makes her way into the room carrying my baby girl in her arms.

"Oh my god, she's perfect." I breathe out as the nurse places her on my chest and I hold her for the first time "look at you, you're a mini Easton." I cry happy tears. "Your daddy would be so proud right now."

"He would be." Amara smiles as she watches over Alena and I "Did Easton know you were going to name her Alena?" 

"He chose her full name, middle name included." 

"He'd be so proud of both of you Aubrey, never forget how much he loved you."

"I won't" I smile down at our baby girl "I have a baby girl to tell all about her daddy and how amazing he was and how much he would have loved her." 

"Everyone else is waiting outside to meet her." 

"Really? Send them in." 

Amara heads for the door and opens it. Shay, Caleb, and Angie then make their way through the door and to my bedside. 

"Hey." I smile at Caleb 

"Hey" He leans down and presses a kiss to my forehead "I'm glad you're both okay, you had me scared for a moment there." 

"Sorry." I giggle softly looking up at him. 

"She's beautiful." He smiles down at Alena "And I hate to admit it but there is no mistaken she's Eastons." He jokes 

"Yeah, she's pretty cute isn't she." I kiss the top of her head 

"She's perfect." Shay gushes, tears sliding down her cheeks. 

"You did so well baby." Angie kisses my head "You're going to be such a wonderful mother, just like your mother was." 

After a few hours, everyone left me to have some bonding time with my baby girl. It's insane to think yesterday I was pregnant and today my baby girl is here and out in the big wide world, a world that can sometimes be cruel, but a world that can also be beautiful.