Chapter twenty

Lucia started to panic. What would her husband say? What would he do? He would surely blame her...and would he make her abort?

"Katlin, what do I do?! I can't let him make me abort another child!" Lucia said with tears in her eyes, "or force a miscarriage..I-I can't live with this. I've lost four little angles because of him..my house could have been buzzing with love and life, but instead Andrew's like this and it's all empty and sad and-and i'm trying my best—" her voice cracked.

"Lucia why can't we ever go to the police? He hurts you so much...he forces you to let him abort your kids, he probably hurts Virgil too!" She pleaded.

"..He promised that he wouldn't hurt Virgil."

"How many times has he broken his promises though?"

"..."

"You're right..I went to the cops once..they didn't believe me, because Andrew was so polite and formal when they came to our house. As soon as they left he gave me the worst beating i've ever had. And that was when I was pregnant with Emily..he hurt my stomach a lot when I was pregnant with her. It wasn't enough to kill her though, thankfully."

Lucia said, looking at her feet, "maybe that's why she was blind? She wasn't born blind though.."

Lucia sighed. "I miss her so much.."

"I know.." Katlin said, "and that pain will never go away. I'm sure you know that by now.."

"Mom!! Roman's home and BOY do I have a story to tell yo-"

"REMUS NO, PLEASEEEE!" Roman screeched, smacking his brother.

"Boys! Please! One at a time!" Katlin yelled.

The two looked over to see a tearful eyed Lucia holding a positive pregnancy test.

Remus gasped. "ARE YOU PREG-"

Katlin covered Remus's mouth before he could finish that statement.

"Yes she is." Katlin sighed out.

Remus inhaled. "VIR-" Katlin covered his mouth again.

"Hey Remus, Virgil fell asleep- woah who died?" Janus looked around to see Lucia crying, Roman panicking, Remus looking like he was gonna scream, and Katlin covering his mouth as if there were demons inside of him.

"You can't tell him! I-I might have to abort it anyways.." Lucia muttered sadly.

"Is it because of that good for nothing Andrew?" Remus questioned.

"What's happening?" Janus questioned.

"Lucia is pregnant!" Remus screeched.

"SHHHHHHHhhhhh" Katlin said, shushing her child.

"Woahhh!!!! Wait is that why you were talking about abortion?" Janus asked.

"Wait how do you know it's because of Andrew?" Lucia asked.

"Know how you're pregnant or know why you have to abort it? Virgil tells us a lot-" Remus said, Janus slapping him.

"Remus shushushushushush!" He whisper-screeched.

"What about Virgil?" Lucia asked in concern.

"We have to get you away from Andrew before we tell you anything. Okay, we have a month or two before it will start to show, right?" Janus asked, looking at Remus the whole time. They knew it. Andrew hurt Lucia too.

"Something like that." Roman chimed in.

Remus and Janus glared at him. "YOU don't get to speak."

Roman sighed.

"Anyways, just call the cops-" Janus began.

"They didn't believe me the last fifty times." Lucia frowned.

"They didn't believe Virgil either-" Remus said.

"What?" Lucia asked

"What?" Remus questioned, as if he didn't say anything.

"Alright. Just call em, tell em to come over, and we'll handle it from there." Remus said with a smirk.

"Okay?" Lucia questioned, scared of what might happen.

"Anyways, why did you boys come in here?" Katlin asked.

Remus tensed. With all Lucia's been dealing with, would dropping this on her really be the best idea?

"I-um- ROMAN ATE MY COOKIE!" He screamed.

Roman sighed in relief.

"Welp, better get back to V, bye bye!" Janus yelled, dragging the twins out.

When they got off alone, Roman sighed, "Thanks Remu-"

"I didn't do that for you." Remus spat coldly.

Janus and Remus walked away from Roman, glaring daggers at him over their shoulders.

They ran into the wall.

"OW! THAT- THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!" Janus yelled, grabbing Remus and running away.

Roman glared at the floor.

He huffed and walked away, trying to plan how to earn their trust back.