Chapter 27 - Old Friends

The next morning, Jackson took you to his beach house pretty early in the morning so he wouldn’t miss his class. He led you inside and showed you around so you could get used to it. 

It was small but it was only going to be you here so it didn’t really matter too much to you

It was small but it was only going to be you here so it didn’t really matter too much to you. And when he said there was access to the water, he wasn’t kidding. But you didn’t expect direct access.

There was literally a back door staircase that just led down into the water.

“Why is this here?” You asked extremely confused. 

“I said it was right on the water, didn’t I?” 

“Well, yeah but I didn’t expect to be able to walk out the door and be foot first into the ocean.”

“Well, I figured it was easier since you’ll be interacting with mermaids for a little while longer.”

You were about to question further but you just nodded and went along with it. He showed you around the small house and explained where everything was. 

“I trust you to take care of it.” He commented.

“Of course! You’re letting me stay here. It’d be rude of me to mess it up.”

“Good. And lastly, this is the water access.”

He led you to the small screen door and opened it. He stepped out onto the small staircase. You stayed in the doorway as you gazed at the horizon. The Mid-morning sun gave a faint orange glow to the peaks of the water, as the waves slowly moved along.

“Well, I should be getting back to campus now. I’ll come back in a few days to come and check on you to see how you’re doing.”

“Wait! I thought you said you were going to give me some assignments while I was here?”

“I’ll come back tomorrow and drop them off for you, ok?”

“Oh, ok!” 

“Remember, don’t leave the beach until this has passed, ok? I don’t need you getting hurt.”

“I will.”

“Jackson!” Jackson turned around and look out to the water. You looked out to see Namjoon swimming towards the beach house. 

“Been a while, hasn’t it?”