41. I Won't Leave You

"I'm worried," Jiah's voice was barely a whisper as she sat cross-legged on Taehyung's bed, facing him as he opened his eyes that morning

"I'm worried," Jiah's voice was barely a whisper as she sat cross-legged on Taehyung's bed, facing him as he opened his eyes that morning. It didn't take him long to get over how startled he was to see her sitting there staring at him first thing in the morning.

"Why?" he tried to match her tone, "Why are you worried?"

"I don't know what started the fight yesterday," she sighed heavily, "Oh God, I don't even know why I'm telling you this-"

"Jiah," his voice was stern as he propped himself up against the bed frame, sitting up, "I don't want you to ever say that again, please. Nothing you ever say or do will be able to push you away from me," sighing, he tried to ask again, "Why are you worried?"

"When I was at school, I used to go to this place called Angels and Devils. The reason I started is a long story - for another day," she added before he could say anything, "My life was already pretty shit then, but that was where everything went crazy downhill.

"I was naive, I loved to fight. Honestly, I still do, but I didn't realise the owners of that club were mafia leaders. I didn't know that they had been eyeing me ever since I started there. I didn't realise that they had their mind set on making me one of their soldiers from the moment I stepped into it. And somehow they got me under their arm.

"They didn't threaten me like they did with Hoseok, I didn't have family affiliations like Jungkook does, they had me because I was naive. They asked me to beat up a few people, and I did, I didn't realise they were going to pull up a minute after I was done and shoot them in the fucking head," Jiah's breathing was getting heavy and she realised that maybe she had been lying to herself all these years. Perhaps this whole thing; her entire life actually messed her up more than she let on.

"I witnessed the murder, and they acted like it was all normal, they acted like I was supposed to be okay with it.

"And I guess I just took on that persona. I guess I just acted like it was all fine as well."

The middle of Taehyung's forehead creased, causing his eyebrows to curve upward, he looked so sad, he looked like he wished he could have built a time machine to go back and pull her out of that situation.

"But Ji Young," she kept going, "He's a good kid. He has so much potential, he's smart, he's athletic, he's kind," she buried her head in her hands, "He's everything I never was, he's not me, Taehyung."

"Jiah-"

"I'm so worried he's going to tell me he's fallen for their trap. That he's going to tell me Angel and Devils has turned my mother's beautiful little son into one of their own, into me. I can't handle that."

Taehyung looked confused, "Did you know he was fighting there? Did you know he went to Angels and Devils?"

"Yeah," she sighed, looking down at her hands. She couldn't bear to look at the expression she knew he was giving her.