Chapter 28

Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone so long just super busy finishing up college! I hope you guys are all doing awesome! 

So, I know I've said this before but as I was writing this chapter I realized this version of His Flower is probably going to be a lot longer than the OG. There's just so much more depth and mystery to it that I don't think I'll be able to cover in 40 chapters. Basically what I'm saying is this books might be going for a whilleeee.

Sorry for and grammar and spelling mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 28

       "Stop stressing, Rose. You look hella cute." Luce chided a few hours later as I let her tug and torture my poor hair. If I didn't know her any better, I would have said she sounded proud. I rubbed my hands down the short, ripped, bright green skirt once again.

       "I don't know about this Luce..." I mumbled at my reflection as I watched my sister finish curling my hair in her floor-length mirror. "Rex said that I didn't need to wear a costume."

       "It's a Halloween party. Of course, you have to wear a costume." She scoffed and put the curling iron down to pin the heated curls up into an elegant, but messy, ballerina bun.

       "He definitely isn't going to be." I muttered in dismay as my gaze stayed glued to the fraying ends of the costume. Luce raised a dark eyebrow at me through the mirror, though her slender fingers didn't waiver from my hair.

       "So? Is it a couple thing? Like 'you only dress up if you both do' kind-of party? 'Cause let me tell you, those are fudging boring-"

       Even I couldn't denying see my blush stain my pale cheeks in my reflection. No wonder Rex was always teasing me about it—I really did look like a tomato girl. "We're not a couple." I defended lamely, no matter how much the thought of Rex and I together made my head spin.

       "Then it doesn't matter whether he wants to be lame and not dress up or not. You look beyond cute and I'm not letting you change." She finished tying up my hair with a 'hrumph' and stepped back to admire her handiwork.

       "You might be a ginger, but you sure do rock the Tinkerbell look." Luce's tone was teasing, but her bright blue eyes shined happily.

       I pouted, bringing the glitter on my cheekbones down with them. "My hair is strawberry-blonde." I argued uselessly.

       "And Tinkerbell is bleach blonde, but you still rock the look better than she does."

       I stared at the rather small and hastily put together costume. After I had snuck Rex out of my room early that day, Tate's and Luce's argument long forgotten, I—reluctantly—asked Luce what people wear to parties.

       I knew I made a mistake the minute those blue eyes lit dangerously. She had raced us to the store, bought a bunch of what looked like arts and crafts supplies and a bright green short skirt, then ushered us home just as fast.

       The rest of the afternoon had been spent putting the costume together. I told her it would have just been easier to buy a one already made, but she claimed it would be 'sexier' to make our own. Not that I actually wanted to look sexy or anything.

       The shirt was a long-sleeve, bright green, crop-top of Luce's covered in a sheen of silver and gold glitter. I was a lot shorter than my sister, a factor I greatly appreciated—for once—since the 'croppy' part of the shirt wasn't too low. The cut up ends just barely brushed against the top of the high-waisted, short green skirt that we had cut and frayed at the bottom. We even super glued glittery wings to the back of the shirt, officially ruining it though she didn't seem to mind.