11 // Try Hard

I check my reflection on my phone camera for the 7th time in the last 5 minutes. Reaching into my purse, I pull out my bright red lipstick container and put another layer onto my lips. The bold lip idea was kind of growing on me.

"Try hard much?" The teenage girl behind me in line mumbles to her friend before they both start snickering. She looked to be no more than 16 years old, just barely old enough to get into the pit.

I lower my phone to my side as I feel my shoulders slump. I've never been one to care if people talk badly about me, but I did get slightly offended this one time.

"Hey," The girl in front of me says to the girl behind me in a tough voice. "What did you just say?"

The girl to my left glared at her. "What I said has nothing to do with you, so why don't you just mind your own business?"

My cheeks heated up as they began to argue over me. The girl to my right stepped in front of me and I leaned up against the wall.

"Excuse you?" She asked pointing her finger up. I wanted to say something to stop their argument, but I didn't want to get any more involved. It made it ten times harder to speak up when the girl behind me got in the brunette's face.

"Alright, listen here, bitch," She addressed the girl with dark hair, "this doesn't have anything to do with you, so mind your own business."

"I can't believe this," The brunette scoffs, "You're actually standing here calling me a bitch when we're literally waiting to get into a Harry Styles concert. He would be disgusted with you, especially for making fun of this poor girl."

"Really it's fine," I said quickly to both of them, but they completely disregarded it, continuing to argue.

"And he also wouldn't be okay with you getting in other people's business," She stepped closer, getting so close to her face it looked like they were about to kiss.

"I'm not getting into other people's business," She defended herself, "I'm standing up for you being a complete jerk to this girl who was doing nothing but putting in some lipstick—which looks great by the way," She turned to reassure me, I smiled awkwardly in return.

"You know what," The blonde said just before putting her hands on the brunette, pushing her backward slightly.

"Oh, you did just not do that," The brunette practically steamed with fury. She lunges forward and smacked the blonde upside the head. The two girls' friends rushed to their sides, trying to hold them back, but they ended up getting shoved back by the angry girls. Everyone around us pulled out their phones and started to record the fight.

"Stop!" I yelled at them, but they ignored me yet again.

They started to throw punches, a few slaps and there was a bit of hair-pulling. They screamed and cursed at each other and came so close to me, they knocked me against the wall. No slaps or punches were directed towards me, even though I was quite literally in the middle of the fight. I made sure not to fight them and kept my hands to myself, fearful I would get in trouble as much as they would—not that I wanted to fight them anyways.

After about 2 extremely long minutes, two security guards rushed over to the girls fighting on top of me. One pried the girls apart and the other grabbed my hand, dragging me away from the line. All the girls and guys that were around us quickly put their phones away, and I almost got deja vu from a class fight I witnessed once or twice in high school. The security guards strong arms dragged me further away from the line and I felt everyone's eyes on me as I heard the two girls now screaming at the cop instead of each other.

The officer led me around the corner, past the line of everyone waiting to get into the venue. And to my surprise, the security waiting by the doors opened them and I was lead inside.