E.J Caswell Sickfic 😷

Author's Note: I ship rini all the way but I think Matt Cornett is attractive too so I wrote this.

Background: E.J and Nini are still dating. This is before he steals her phone. Ricky and Nini are not at good terms at the moment.

E.J's POV:

*7:30 am*

I woke up with the worse headache ever. I felt like throwing up and then going back to sleep. I checked my camera app in my phone; I looked like a sweaty mess. I got up and went to the bathroom then splashed some water on my face. It didn't help. I decided to get ready for school, as much as everyone would like to believe, I have never missed a single day of school. That's right. I am the captain of the water polo team and I have to have a perfect attendance. I got dressed in my varsity jacket and then grabbed my bag before calling my cousin Ashlyn.

Phone call

"Hey what time are you coming to pick me up?" I said grumpily.

"Woah what happened to you? Did you turn into one of the seven dwarfs overnight?"

"Ashlyn what time are you coming? I can't be late. Nini likes to have her morning hugs." I coughed with and finished the sentence with a raspy voice.

"E.J are you ok? Are you sick again? I told you to bring an extra jacket on the first day of school."

"Ashlyn it's the spring semester I don't need a jacket."

"You idiot cousin. I love you but it's still January even though it's called spring term."

"Can you please pick me up?" I said rubbing my head.

"Give me 10 minutes I am doing my makeup. Bye cuz. Love ya."

End Phone Call

*Later that afternoon at rehearsals*

My girlfriend Nini was kissing my cheek while I was trying to act healthy. It was so hard because my nose was stuffy, and my head was pounding. I wanted to be in my bed more than I wanted to be Troy.

"Hey, Nins could you please massage my shoulders. Water Polo practice was hard on me today." I said while coughing.

"Of course, babe. Are you okay? Your temp is a bit warm." My head was pounding, and I mumbled.

"I'm fine."

My head was hurting so much but I managed to look up when I heard Miss Jenn clapping her hands and talking, "Ok. Theatre people lets run scene 37 where Troy and Gabriela have their first duet. Gabriela please go stand near the piano stage left. E.J it's your time to shine. Ricky texted me that he is running late. Your our Troy today." She said to my face and then smiled.

Seb started playing the iconic song, "What I've been Looking for" on the piano behind me. I felt lightheaded and warm all of a sudden. Miss Jenn was snapping her fingers at me. I think it was my cue to sing but I had no energy left in me. Suddenly, Ricky ran in and started panicking and explaining that his mom got in earlier than expected. I didn't feel any better when he arrived. Before Miss Jenn could say anything to Ricky my head started feeling weird and I felt dizzy. I wanted to be in my bed so bad.

Nini's POV:

It was E.J's cue to start singing but before he could open his mouth he fell on the ground.

"Oh my gosh E.J are you okay?" I said while kissing my half unconscious boyfriend's head.

Miss Jenn tapped my shoulder and said, "Sweetie this is no place for a sick actor. Please take E.J home."

"Ricky see me in my office. Everyone else rehearsals are canceled. Please never come to rehearsals sick. Please never come late either." She said motioning to the door where Ricky ran out.

Everyone started chatting and then left the basement which was supposed to be a drama classroom. I attempted to pick up my boyfriend who looked half asleep and pale, but I couldn't pick him up.

"E.J babe I need you to wake up. I can't carry you to my car."

He started mumbling something and then woke up and said, "Where'd everyone go?"

"E.J babe, I am taking you home you're sick. Rehearsals are canceled."

He slept the whole way in the car while I was holding his hand and driving with the other. I could feel his temperature rise as we were arriving to his house and started to worry because his dad wasn't home yet. I decided to stay to play nurse Nini for the night instead of doing my AP Bio homework.

*At the Caswell's House*

E.J was resting in his room while I was making him soup, when my phone alerted me of one new voicemail. I picked up my screen and saw the words: One new voicemail from Ricky. I ignored it as the microwaved beeped. I went to get the basement to get a ice pack for my sick boyfriend and then ran upstairs to give it to him. He was sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to disturb him. His temperature was rising though, and he needed medicine. The ice pack would make him feel better. He started stirring in his sleep and then groaned in pain.

"E.J your temp is too high you need to lower it ASAP."

"Nini what are you doing here?"

"I came to take care of you. Someone has to and besides you fainted at rehearsal today. You shouldn't have come to school today." I said while holding the ice pack onto his head.

"I saw you staring at Ricky earlier. What's up with you guys? Do you still love him?" he said while sitting up.

"No of course not. He hurt me remember I told you. E.J drink the medicine sitting on the table it will make you feel better."

He drank the medicine while holding the ice pack on his head. I went downstairs to get his soup from the microwave. I carefully walked upstairs with the hot soup and opened my boyfriend's bedroom door to see him sleeping peacefully. I set the soup down on his bedside table and then kissed his forehead. He stirred in his sleep then woke up.

"Nini you're going to get sick. Go home you need to play Gabriela."

"I'm not going anywhere till you can come watch me in rehearsals. Go to sleep love."

"Stay with me then. I'll take care of you if you get sick."

E.J napped for a few hours while I stayed in his room watching him from one of his beanbags. When he woke up at 11:00pm from his nap he told me that he felt a little bit better but felt weak. We decided that it was the best time for a Disney movie marathon. E.J and I stayed up till midnight watching the High School Musical Movies until I heard him snoring. I tucked him into bed and whispered, "Goodnight babe."