Chapter - 6: Her First Smile; His Teasing

Post dinner when Swara came back to room, she was feeling some happiness in her heart but more than happiness it was peace.

Peace about her future.

Sanskar's words had very positive effect on Swara, she was feeling relived. He was not in the room, during dinner she had heard him talking to Laksh and Adi Kaka that they needed to finalise something for which they are again going to assemble at study.

Her husband really wants to give their marriage a chance so does she. Just the thought brought a beautiful smile on her face.

After entering the room, she looked at the room.

'It's her room, nope it's their room.'

Swara kept the water jug at his side night table and then went to walk-in closet, she took out her simple cotton kurti and pajamas from her bag.

'Tomorrow first thing I will arrange everything.'

She prayed and then sat on the bed with support of the headboard. She was not feeling sleepy today. Sanskar has still not returned from the study, he was still busy.

Unknowingly she was waiting for him to come back. She checked on the phone and started playing old hindi songs on app, yesterday when Sanskar gave her gift, first app she downloaded was for old Hindi songs. She closed her eyes, straiten her legs.

Music and Swara was ultimate combination, she had inherited melodious voice from her mother.

After almost 1-hour Sanskar returned back to room, he slowly turned the knob and push the door without making any noise, thinking Swara must be in deep sleep.

But when he opened the door melodious hindi song tune "Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni me hum tum mile ke ...." from Raj Kapoor's Barsaat movie hit his eardrum.

And site in front of him took his breath away, Swara was sitting on the bed with closed eyes, she was humming that song. Her face was glowing in the moonlight, small smile spread on her lips.

Today, he felt some kind of peace on her face.

'She looks calm.'

If he would have known that his assurance about their marriage would have brought this much relaxation to her then he would have talked to her on their wedding night itself.

He was staring at her with amusement like how someone can be so simple.

Swara felt someone's gaze on her, so she slowly opened her eyes there he was standing staring at her.

"Sorry"

Swara fumbled and immediately got up from the bed while turning off the songs.

'I hardly say sorry and thank you to any one and dear god you made me marry to the girl who has a habit of saying these two words without any reason' thinking this Sanskar chuckled.

"Do you like Hindi songs?"

Swara just nodded her head in answer with smile.

"I thought you would be sleeping its quite late" Sanskar asked her while keeping his mac inside his laptop bag.

"Umm I was not getting sleep so thought to listen songs for some time"

"Ok carry on" he turned and left for washroom to change.

After some time when he came back, he saw Swara playing with her fingers, with pressed lips.

"What happened?" Sanskar said when he observed her in thoughts.