The Avengers

A/N: I wrote this story a long time ago and I really hate the writing and plot. I never fully finished the story, but I'm starting a re-written version with a new plot that'll keep the main ideas of this one(kinda). 

Date A/N Written: May 19, 2021

The plane ride didn't necessarily feel long but it wasn't at all short. I was on a private jet heading to America. A place I never thought I'd go, though...it felt like, maybe, I had once. It feels like a distant memory or a dream you can't remember.

Have I been here before?

My thoughts were interrupted by the pilot say we were about to land. I felt my stomach rise as we landed and settled when the plane came to an eventual stop.

We were in an open area where no people were to be seen. Except for a dark Volvo car that was supposed to take me to my hotel in New York. I had read that part on the file. It was one of the only facts I read on the file beside the little information about the targets.

It gave only what HYDRA had collected and obviously the agent on the case was horrible at collecting information.

They were a group of enhanced people called the 'Avengers'.

What a stupid name.

I exited the plane and got into the Black Volvo. The divers said nothing as we drove to our location.

<><><><><><><><><>

We stopped at a normal hotel with, what I assumed, were normal Americans.

I got out with my bag and the car drove off. I entered the building and walked to the receptionist.

"Hi, welcome! Name?" she asked in English. I haven't heard or spoke english in awhile.

"Tia Smith." I said. I was always given a different last name for each assignment.

She typed something on her computer before handing me a key card and smiling. "Room 2456." she said but then leaned a little closer and spoke in a whisper. "Hail Hydra."

"Hail Hydra." I murmured back. Nobody had noticed the exchange and we both went our ways.

I took the elevator up to the third floor. I walked down two hallways until I found my room. I stuck the key card into the door slot and waited for it to turn green. I opened the door and set my bag down on a desk, switching on the lights in the process.

The room was like any other hotel room. HYDRA always gave spies normal hotel rooms etc, to blend in. They could afford giving us a suite, but they didn't ,though I wish they did. Like every hotel room I'm given, it was pre-packed with clothes that another HYDRA agent left for me. HYDRA always thought ahead so we didn't have to pack clothes or buy any. I usually wore normal clothes if I needed to go out and collect information or something.

I opened the folder again and read a note from the head Hydra director about the assignment. It said I was to observe the threats, collect data and anything else necessary. There were 6 total subjects I was to take down so it was nothing I hadn't done before. The director did warn me to take down anyone else if I deemed necessary and there may be more subjects with them.

Since this was much more difficult than any case, though I didn't see it as very difficult, I was allowed more time on it. At HYDRA, we were usually given certain time limits in which we were supposed to complete an assignment though they varied at how quick they wanted the job done.

 I closed the folder and tucked it away. I went into the bathroom to take a shower a laid down for bed.

<><><><><><><><><>
*Next Day*

I got dressed in a lovely white blouse that fit loosely and was tucked into a maroon pencil skirt. I was locating subjects today so I didn't need my suit.

I slipped on black, closed wedges with black, thin laces. I tied them both and grabbed the folder. I opened it to grab the only provided pictures, paper-clipped to the back of the folder.

There were only two pictures of six they were able to provide. One was of a tall, blonde with lots of muscle. The other was of a darker haired man who was about average height. The blonde was Steve Rogers and the other Tony Stark.

I'd never heard either of their names before. The director assured me I would most likely be able to spot the four others. He apologized to me about the last HYDRA agents who couldn't provide the rest of the information needed because they were exposed and killed by SHIELD.

He had great faith in me but the idea of my comrades being killed by these people made me shudder.