Chapter 7

Comment, vote and DON'T forget to follow💛

Jacob's p.o.v

I think I skipped to the front door when I stepped out of Deandra's car.

'I finally made some friends'

I kept repeating that thought to myself twirling with the phone in my hand. I can't wait to give Abigail the number. I felt a smile creep on my face and I shake my head.

This is a nice feeling

I open the front door and walk all giddy inside the house. I was about to go to my room when my eyes fell on Miss Alyssa on her knees with her back facing me.

I decide go greet her instead and I couldn't stop my sudden rambling.

"I'm home miss Alyssa. Oh I made a friend. She's so beautiful and nice and sweet and caring. She gave me her number to call her whenever I want and she also bought me food. You should see her too. Her eyes are so big and brown and her teeth are so so white. I even worked today. I helped her do dishes and I also took out the trash" I ramble bringing my hands to my warm face.

"And I'll be in a squad next Monday with Abigail. That means I won't have to be alone in the library because it's boring sometimes" I say beaming with joy.

I walk closer to her when she doesn't answer and tap her on her shoulder.

"Miss Alyssa?" I ask getting concerned. Why isn't she answering me.

"Miss Alyssa? Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry I left you here all alone. I bought you donut but I forgot them somewhere but I'll make it up to you" I say sadly when she still doesn't turn around.

I decide to walk to her front and crouch.

"Miss Ali-"

My heart skips a beat when she looks at me with tears stains on her face and a visible mark on her left cheek. My hand goes to my mouth.

I pull her into a hug and she cries harder. I pat her head.

My mind instantly goes to that one person. The only one that would do something this devious.

"H-he's b-back?" I ask trembling now.

"Y-yes baby but I won't let him hurt you this time, I w-won't let him p-push you in t-that dark room. I'd rather die" she whispers through her sobs.

"Even if I have to lose this job" she says confidently and a teardrop rolls down my cheek.

I bite my lip to suppress my sobs and she rubs my back. I can't imagine living here alone if she gets fired. I won't be able to tolerate it.

"P-please don't leave me?" I ask and I feel her head move.

I suddenly hear a door open. she pulls away and start wiping my tears violently.

"Big boys don't cry" she whispers the same words that one person uses every time he sees me cry. I nod rapidly and she pulls me up. I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I stare at my feet.

"Jacob" I hear the voice say and all the hairs on my body stand. He slows down and stops on the last step of the stairs.

"Where have you been?" he asks taking a step closer.

"W-with my f-friend" I say almost inaudible with my head still down.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you Jacob and speak louder for Christ sake" he says through gritted teeth and my head goes up immediately.