• 10 •

Shuffling closer to Hana, Cecil was relieved Hana had actually sat on the inside. It was easier for Cecil to protect her this way.

"We meet again, Hana."

The three of them observed the brown-haired young man dressed in a formal nondescript suit, his brown eyes focused solely on Hana.

"Mr. Erik! It is good to see you again, I hope you are doing fine?"

"Yes, no thanks to you, Hana."

Observing the young man before her with an icy-cold stare, Cecil, for once, wanted to commend the author.

The young man before her, though he was dressed in a dashing manner, his face was regrettably...unappealing.

If Cecil were to be mean, she would outright say he is ugly.

However, the heroine of this novel is a perfect, beautiful airhead. She doesn't care about the appearance or personality of anyone, she likes everyone that she meets.

There was only handsome and beautiful in her dictionary, never ugly.

Cecil couldn't find it in her to describe the man before her, without using any withering words.

"Would you mind accompanying me outside for a private conversation, Hana?"

Xue had been eyeing the man with a suspicious look, and he stiffened when he heard those words.

"Of course!" Hana agreed cheerily, standing up and Xue's eyes went wide.

He reached forward to press down on Hana's hand, to stop her. Cecil made the move first, a cold smile playing on her lips.

"Mr. Erik, bringing our Hana away while she's still enjoying her warm meal, wouldn't you agree that is rude of you?" Cecil pushed her plate forward, resting her arms on the mahogany table.

Finally, Erik decided to bestow his grace upon Cecil and Xue. His soft expression from earlier became disdainful as he eyed the two strangers.

Cecil raised her eyebrows, the author was once again, right.

Erik's arrogance was comparable to Cecil's level of arrogance. It was written all over his face, and in her heart, Cecil smiled impishly.

Wanna compare who is more arrogant, Mr. Erik?

"Miss Lan, my apologies. If Hana herself doesn't mind, I don't think Miss Lan should mind either."

Cecil harrumphed, leaning back into the seat. "Hana doesn't control what I feel, and I do mind, a lot. You are taking away my company for my meal."

"Alright Cecil, I understand. I will accompany you first." Hana beamed, patting Cecil's hand and sitting down. "Sorry, Mr. Erik, I will talk to you after this meal."

Erik seemed reluctant, narrowing his eyes at Cecil and Cecil disregarded him, smiling at Hana.

"Hana, it is a rather urgent and private conversation."

"Uhmm...I suppose a minute will do, I'll be right back, Cecil."

Hana made a move yet again and Xue prepared to move as well. However, Cecil remained still, not moving aside for Hana.

Hana couldn't possibly climb over Cecil, thus, she was trapped.

"Cecil?"

"Yes?"

"Would you...move aside?"

Cecil raised her chin, defiant. "No, you are the one that wants to move. Not me, why should I move for you?"