Chapter 30: The First Battle of Kamino

(AN: Sort of what I picture the barrier to look like in the latter part of this story (emphasis on sort of). I wish I was good at art so that I could give you guys a more realistic picture, cuz the image in my head is kind of cool. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Much love -Rach)

When Alana finally arrived at the main entrance, it was quiet other than the sound of the rain pattering loudly outside the covered front entrance. She noted that her Padawan was up and standing outside of the doors but under the shelter of the awning. With her stood Commander Bash and Captain Rex. Alana scanned Sylvan, noting that her foot and ankle clearly had healed before making her way over to them.

"Captain, I did not realize that your company was joining us here," Alana said, turning to Rex and raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry for that, sir. General Skywalker requested us to remove our company from aerial defense to the front lines down here. Said there were too many men in the sky," Captain Rex said.

"I've already briefed him on everything," Sylvan piped up. "Rex and his men are ready."

"Good," Alana said before looking up at the skies. She could just faintly see the outline of a massive invasion force in the upper atmosphere. The fight had already begun up in the sky.

But it was nearly dead silent down below. Alana felt her worry heighten as she watched a few ships descending further towards Tipoca City, but they were soon cut down by a haze of blaster shots from a starfighter. Unfortunately, that didn't last for very long. The ships of troops kept coming and coming.

After nearly an hour of waiting for ships to land, an onslaught of troops came. Nearly ten ships managed to land at various points around Tipoca City. Alana watched as the fighters in the sky began to be overrun and the droid landing ships began to disembark.

"Alright, men," Alana said. "Let's get ready!" She called, watching as the droid army was deployed and began to march towards the entrance that Alana and her men were defending.

As soon as the droids got within range of fire, the action began. Commander Bash began to order fire on the troops, and both Sylvan and Alana ignited their lightsabers, doing their best to protect themselves and the men nearby by deflecting the droid blasters. After some time, the droid army began to organize and began advancing closer and closer to the city. They continued to receive reinforcements.

Alana then nodded at Commander Bash, who was back behind the front defense line with members of the Blitz Company. They were gearing up to make their way around the sides of the droid army as a secret attack from the rear and from the sides. Alana looked back at the fight and then over at Alpha-17 and nodded. It was time for their diversion.

"Fire the cannons!" Alana called, looking back at where the canons had been set up under the awning, hidden beneath random storage containers as to conceal their location. She knew they wouldn't have long before the droids would begin to assault the canons, but the heavy canon bombardment would be a distraction long enough for the Blitz Company to launch their assault from the sides, cutting off the droid army from behind.

A barrage of large blasts nearly knocked Alana to the ground. The droids' forward assault had been halted by the heavy cannon fire. The Blitz Company began its movement forward, quickly and quietly through the water surrounding the bridge that led from the landing platform to the main entrance.

Alana looked to Sylvan and nodded. It was time to begin the main forward assault. She motioned for the men to follow her into battle, and they did. Sylvan and Alana raced out into the rain, lightsabers blazing as they reached the front of the droid army. They fought the droids, striking them down before they even managed to get a shot off, but it didn't last long. Alana realized that the droids were regrouping and one-by-one the clones began to get picked off.