twenty

EMARA
**
***
*****

Kade was quiet as he drove us home. I couldn't tell what he was thinking because though his face showed no emotion, his knuckles were white as he held the steering wheel. The second we stepped into the apartment, he got out of the car, he walked around and opened the door for me.

"Kade, tell me what's on your mind," I said, taking my heels off and following him inside.

"In the apartment," Kade responded, making me sigh but oblige as I followed him.

The second we were in the elevator, Kade turned to me. I looked at him with concerned eyes and he opened his mouth to say something when the elevator door opened. He closed his mouth again and gently grabbed me by the wrist, guiding me in the hallway to our hall.

Once we were in our apartment, I took my heels off with a wince and threw my shoes on the floor. Kade picked me up the second I put my heels on the floor, carrying me to our bedroom. I sighed tiredly, resting my head on his shoulder as he adjusted me so he could open the door. Kicking it open gently, Kade put me on the bed and began to help me undress.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, making me raise a confused eyebrow. "Tonight was so important to you and then I had to ruin it by—"

I covered his mouth, frowning. "You didn't ruin my night, Kade. I promise. I want to thank you for defending me, if anything. You defended me for everything without hesitation."

Kade relaxed, a small smile growing on his lips. "Of course I would defend you, Em. What did you expect?"

I shrugged my shoulders, standing up when he mumbled for me to. He unzipped my dress from behind and pressed a gentle kiss to my shoulder, helping my sleeves off of my arms. His hands moved to my hips and the dress rolled down, bunching around his hands.

"I'll always be here to protect you, baby," he whispered, nibbling on my neck. "Always."

I smiled, turning around. Kade looked down at my chest, licking his lips before looking back up at me. He undid his tie and pressed his lips against mine roughly, parting them immediately. My tongue dove into his mouth and he moaned, grabbing my hips and pulling me closer to his body. We ended up toppling onto the bed and I let out a laugh, the smile still on my face as he gripped my hips and gave me another punishing kiss.

"Lord, did you look tempting tonight," he groaned into my ear, biting on my earlobe gently. "You're not even a professional model and you were walking across that catwalk like you owned it."

I smiled, feeling him kiss down my throat. I moaned as he covered one of my breasts with his hand, moving his mouth back to mine and ravishing it. My mouth fell open and I gasped as he pushed into me, groaning lowly into my mouth.

***

"Paparazzi really needs to get their noses out of our asses about our lives," I muttered, pecking Kade's lips when he handed me a coffee.

"That's fame for you, Em," he said, handing a plastic cup of orange juice to Hayden as he ate his chocolate chip pancakes. "Don't eat so fast, kiddo. You have school soon."

Hayden groaned. "I don't want to go, though."

I laughed. "It's not much of a choice, kiddo. It's only six hours, okay? If your first day is good then we'll go out to eat dinner."