•4•

"You seem... on edge" Tom comments as he drives us.
"No I'm totally fine" I smile even though I'm on the verge of buying a plane ticket to New York and beating their asses.
I look in the back seat and see Harry has already started in on his first drink.
"Really?" I laugh.
"Want one?" He asks, holding up a beer.
"Yeah" I nod, taking it and drinking. Tom gives me an approving nod before looking back to the road.
"What?" I ask.
"Most girls don't like beer" he shrugs.
"Well luckily I'm not most girls" I say, taking another drink.
We get to the house and it's actually really nice. The smell of strong alcohol hits my nose as we walk through the door. The music is loud and everyone's chatting makes it even louder.
"Hey American girl doll!" Haz smiles as he walks up to me.
"Ever going to stop calling me that?" I ask.
"Nope" he shakes his head. "Drinks?"
"Definitely" I say.
I leave the Holland's and follow Haz through the crowd of people into the slightly quieter kitchen.
"In honor of being somewhere legal for you to drink, please do a shot of vodka with me" he says.
"What the hell its legal let's do it!" I cheer and he pours the shots.
"Cheers" he holds his little shot glass up before downing it like water.
I take mine a little more hesitantly, and finally push the glass back, letting all the liquid glide down my throat, and burning tingling sensation follows quickly after, but overall it's pretty smooth.
"Holy shit" I groan.
"Strong stuff, I'm use to it" he shrugs.
"I wanna do another" I say and he laughs.
"Slow down doll, we don't want you to get too drunk too quickly" he says. "Let's go dance yeah?"
And with that Haz leads me out to the floor to dance with him, I quickly realize that shot is doing its work because my body is flowing so easily. I move my hips to the beat of the music and quickly lose myself in the party. I've never been to a high school party, I've never drank anything other than wine or a beer, this is a new me. I like the new me.
After dancing for a while Haz starts to pull me back out of the crowd.
"Beer pong time" he says.
"Beer pong? Never played" I shake my head.
"What?! Beer pong is basically a right of passage!" He says shocked. "Know how to play at least yeah?"
"I think so" I nod.
We get to the beer pong table as it's almost done being set up.
"I'm taking American girl doll first" Haz says to the group.
"Don't play against Haz he's really good" Tom says to me.
"Well then let's hope I'm better" I say.
"You go first" Haz hands the first toss to me.
I grab the pong pong ball, picking the cup I'm aiming for. I let the ball go and it bounces off the edge of the cup, to the floor.
"You get one more try" he says.
I try again, and this time it goes in! Haz picks up the cup, quickly downing it.
"My turn" he says excitedly, and with no preparation he tosses the ball directly into the front cup.
I groan, picking up the cup and taking the ball out. I drink the liquid a little too quickly and my throat burns.
"This is not beer!" I say.
"Yeah we like to spice it up" Haz says.
"Wanna tap out? I'll play for you" Tom says.
"No way, I'm gunna beat his ass" I say which causes him to smile.
"My turn!" I say, I take a little extra time to aim, but the ball lands in on my first throw. He drinks the cup a little slower, maybe it wasn't a good idea that he drank quite a bit before this.
"Alright doll be ready for another drink" he says.
"I'm so new to this.. can I come watch you?" I ask.
"Sure" he says.
I make my way over to him, and he pulls me in front of him, showing me how he aims. I press my ass up against him, hah. Distraction at its finest.
"You gunna throw it or are we going to stand here all day?" I say.
He throws the ball, missing drastically. Which causes all his friends to laugh.
"Don't worry, you get one more try" I say, turning towards him and running my hands down his chest.
He misses again and I laugh.
"Aw that's okay, next time" I smile.
"You play dirty" he says.
"Playing dirty wasn't against the rules" I shrug.
After our game, I got decently drunk, definitely more drunk than I've ever been before. Tom has been following me around like a puppy making sure I stay out of trouble. I don't know why, we just met each other not even four days ago.
Jacob currently has a whole crowd surrounding him cheering as he breaks out his less than great dance moves. I cheer along with them even though it's more funny than impressive.
Making my way upstairs, I stop and sigh, turning around. Tom flashes me a smile and waits for me to continue.
"I'm going to the bathroom, wanna go in there too?" I ask.
"Oh, okay I'll be down here." He says.
I continue my way to the bathroom and hear someone inside. A girl crying.
"Hello? Is everything okay?" I knock on the door.
It opens quickly and I see a light brown haired girl with puffy eyes give me a small smile.
"I'm fine, sorry" she says, wiping the tears from her face. Her blue eyes were red and glazed over. Her cheeks red.
"Hey wait" I stop her from walking away. "Is everything okay? Do you need help?"
"It's fine I just, my boyfriend was kissing some girl down there" she says and I frown.
"Oh my god I'm sorry.." I say.
"Don't worry about it" she says.
"I'm Elle" I introduce myself, seems she needs a friend right now.
"I'm Baylee" she says.
"Come on, you can hang out with my friends and I"