thirteen - strangers

"Peter?" I blinked in disbelief.

"It's a long long story..." he pulled his mask back on.

"Yeah a long long story I wanna hear!" I shouted. "Okay get me out of this." I started pulling.

He shook his head. "I can't."

"What do you mean you can't!" I pulled harder.

"We're on different sides remember? You'll get hurt if you try to go after the others." He stood up.

"PETER BEN PARKER!!" I shouted. "Last time I check I've been in the superhero business for a long time. I've been kidnapped, shot, stabbed and many more things."

I started freezing the webs hoping it would work. "I've seen people die, families ripped apart...I lost friends and my own family." I wiggles my arm out of the webbing.

"Don't let me lose you too." I stood up. He turned around to see me tackle him off the ledge.

He attached his webs to the side before hitting the ground and I rolled out of his arms into the pavement and ran off inside.

Peter is spider-man...I just lost my best friend too.

And of course it's all Tony's fault.

• • •
I have a job to do, a important part to this and I can't fail at it.

Tears tried to fall down but i sucked it up. Peter will be okay the others aren't idiots, they won't hurt him right? Yeah, he's fine.

I ran up the stairs to join Sam and Bucky, I saw them running like hell to the other side of the building so I joined them. "Heads up, incoming." I was beside Bucky now.

A thud was heard on the windows, I looked to see a red suit climbing on them. God damn it Peter.

"What the hell is that?" Bucky stared at Peter, oh dear this boy is an idiot to try and attack Bucky.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now." Sam said while breathing heavily, he doesn't have the enhanced speed that me and Bucky have.

All of a sudden, Peter swung through the glass wall and kicked Sam backwards. I swung my hand but before I could make contact Peter locked his leg around mine and tripped me.

Okay that was a good move, well played spider-boy.

Bucky threw a punch and Peter caught it, slightly turning his arm to the side and looking at his metal arm. "You have a metal arm? That is awesome, dude!"

I was about to jump on Peter's back to pull him away but Sam flew in, Grabbing Peter. "You have the right to remain silent!" His voice cracked.

Mid-air Peter fended Sam off, then swung after him using his webs. "Bucky he's just a kid, he's fifteen!" I said with full stress in my brain.

Why did he get brought into this, he's going to get real hurt.

Peter swung through the rafters in the terminal, chasing Sam who flew backwards, firing shots. Peter stopped on a high beam. "Oh god."

I created a small ball of ice, it'll hit it off and not harm him. I really don't want to hurt him.

I threw it and he caught it. Come on throw me a bone here Pete. "Hey buddy, I think you lost this!" He threw it back at me and I moved my hands to make it explode in all directions before it hit us.

Sam kicked him off the beam and Peter fired his web thingy which sent Sam crashing to the floor. Peter webbed Sam's wrist to the balcony railing. "Those wings carbon fiber?" He asked.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" Sam asked while trying to get out of the webbing.

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which, gotta say, that's awesome, man." He touched Sams wings.

Oh no don't touch the wings peter he hates that.

"That's enough." I ran and wrapped my legs around Peter's stomach and put into into a choke hold.

"Isn't that illegal?" He put his hands on my wrists and tried to pry me off but I held on.

"Come on Peter, this isn't your fight. If you won't stop for anything else, do it for me." I whispered in his ear, my voice breaking.

He paused for a second, thinking about it but he suddenly pried me off because I let my guard down and pushed me off, webbing my arms to the ground.

Bucky was about to try again but peter webbed him down right next to Sam.

"Guys, look. I'd love to keep this up but I've only got one job here today and I gotta impress Mr. Stark, so, l'm really sorry." He explained perched up on the ledge.

Peter looked at me, I stared back at him with anger and sadness in my eyes. "I'm sorry." He said softly.

Redwing suddenly dragged Peter through the glass wall. "Wwahhhh!"

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Bucky said in a monotone voice.

"I hate you."

I used my powers as I did before to get out of the webs and got up to help Sam and Bucky out too.

I kept quiet because so many things are going through my head. Everything is really falling apart.

"Come on we have to hurry!" I started running. Sam and Bucky followed close behind.

I spotted Wanda and Clint running together and Dad running down the middle with Scott.

"Come on!" He waved at us and we ran right behind him with Wanda and Clint on the other side.

Our team ran towards the Quinjet. A fizzing stream of energy sliced across the runway and we all stop instantly. Vision hovered overhead us.

Well they now have Vision on their side, this definitely won't go well.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good you must surrender now." Vision announced to all of us.

Well I think we're all pissed, we're beyond surrendering.

Everyone on Tony's side landed behind vision. I narrowed my eyes at Peter and let out a sigh.

"Hazel come on." Peter said, and reached his arm out to me. Everyone glanced between us two.

I shook my head. "Maybe I don't mean that much to you after all."

There I go, being ripped apart.

I didn't need to see his face to know his reaction.

Just now , we're strangers again.

Permanently.

Oh I just won't say anything at all.

How about that superbowl trailer y'all?