42. Life Is Beautiful

"Where are you?" Taehyung was panting when Jimin answered the phone

"I'm, uh..." he took a while to answer, "with Jungkook."

"You're what?"

"It's a long story," Jimin sighed, "But I'll tell you when I get home. What about you? Where are you?"

"At the gym," he scoffed, "I was kicked out of my own house."

"What is that supposed to mean?" a small spark of amusement was in his tone, "How can you be kicked out of the building you own?"

"You're right," Taehyung huffed, "Anyway, I'll leave you to be with Jungkook, talk to you later? You better come home tonight."

Both Jimin and Taehyung never really needed to communicate whether or not they were going to go into the office, mostly because neither one ever took days off. But from that, Jimin understood that he wasn't going to be in today.

"Yes, honey," he cooed, and they both laughed, "I'll see you later."

When he had finished talking to his best friend, Jimin laid back down on the bank, staring up at the blue of the sky. He couldn't believe he had stayed out all night with Jungkook.

"Didn't know you had a girlfriend," Jungkook laughed to himself, scrolling through his phone.

"It was Tae," Jimin replied, "He's my girlfriend."

"Ahh, right," Jungkook nodded, putting his phone back down on the grass.

"So," Jimin started, "what are you going to do, are you going to tell her?"

Jungkook pulled the other phone from out of his back pocket, staring at it. It had taken him a while to get used to holding it, touching it. He literally could feel the warmth radiating off it as if Hoseok was still here.

"Of course I'll tell her," he breathed, "But I just don't want to hurt her. Even though I don't understand, she's going to be heartbroken when I tell her."

The night before, after they got talking, Jungkook managed to tell him about finding the phone. It was strange, Jungkook seldom trusted anyone, however, after spending that time with Jimin, it was just so easy.

The pair went to a nearby petrol station and charged the phone before turning it on and checking it. There was nothing unusual, but when Jungkook checked his recent messages, he saw that there was a message that he had tried to send to both Jiah and Jungkook, however, it failed to send.

1984186

He had no idea what that was meant to mean. Jimin suggested a phone number, and they dialled it, but it didn't work.

So they were just stuck with those seven digits.

Jungkook knew that Jiah would be hurt, knowing that Hoseok had tried to tell them something, maybe it would have been able to stop him from being killed, but even that couldn't work out in their favour.