16 |

🖤 VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE! 🖤

As the next few weeks of school dragged on, I never do find out how Klayton deals with all his energy.

Our lives have fallen into an almost too normal pattern. My newfound friends would joke around when I stayed after class to talk to their Alpha, saying that I was trying to earn 'extra credit'.

In most cases I was; I would approach him with my eyes fluttering, hope filling me every time. And every time I was disappointed by the sound of a sigh as he would pull away from my needy kiss.

Each time he did this my need for him deepened.

I would go home after with a fire burning hotter in me. Today was no different. In fact, the kiss felt shorter than normal. Klayton turned and continued packing his stuff. My eyebrows scrunched and my eyes bore a hole into his back, glaring. I knew he must be able to feel a bit of my anger.

I could see his back muscles flex and straighten as he stood straight up.

"Are you going to say anything?" I grumble out. The words did not come out as strong as I intended, more of a whisper.

I was hurt.

When he turned around, I could see the struggle in his eyes. He did want me.

This only made me more confused. Thoughts crashed into my brain sooner than I could stop them. Was it me or was it him? Is it physical? Mental? None of these thoughts were new but I was viewing them this time from a new perspective. Instead of seeing him as the problem, I was trying to find what was stopping him. I searched his eyes for more information but came up with nothing— his eyes had gone flat.

"What aren't you telling me?" I pout as I take a step towards him.

Klayton is pinned between his desk and me. Our closeness led to a shift in my stomach; a heat, erupting. It didn't take me by surprise anymore. It was an uncomfortable feeling that I had learned to suppress, but I didn't want to anymore.

"Klay—"

I am cut off by his sudden movement.

He pushes past my shoulder, and now it was me between him and the desk. He bends down and I feel a sigh release from me as his mouth brushes against my neck ever so lightly. Instead of connecting with my skin, he brought his lips to my ear.

"Not here," he whispers in my ear and I shiver at the sound of his voice.

I slump back onto the desk, letting the wood bare my weight. I close my eyes and breathe, before looking back at him. He was still hovering closely over me. and his eyes looked like they had never left my face.

He was analyzing, trying to get a hint of how I was feeling. I decided not to let him in as I stood back up and brushed him off.

"Fine, where? Let's go now."

He looks frustrated but gives in as he takes my hand and walks in front of me. I am led back to the packhouse.

I knew now that this was the frat house that I first thought.

I had been spending a lot of time here in the past weeks; hanging out with Isaac and Lenna. Despite them being werewolves, they seemed to be the only normal consistency in my life.

But in all my time at the house, I rarely saw Klayton here. He just preferred I hang out here rather than out in public. When the front door swings open, I see Isaac in his normal spot on the couch but Lenna was absent.

"Addy!" He jumps up from the couch. He knew I was coming.

Of course, he did.

Klayton must have told him through the pack mind link. He follows us to the bottom of the stairs like a puppy.