Chapter 35 - Code Blue

"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming,

Or the moment of truth in your lies,

When everything feels like the movies, yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive.

And I don't want the world to see me, 

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.

When everything's meant to be broken, 

I just want you to know who I am."

Dominic's POV

Dominic's POV

I watched José's body and gun fall to the ground with a loud thud. His body was completely still with his eyes wide open. My gaze traveled further up his face as I noticed the perfectly round shape of the bullet hole in the middle of his forehead.

That kind of precision can only be one person. Rafael. Which means they are here. My suspicions were confirmed when I heard the roaring scream pierce my ears. My head turned to see my son running towards me. He looked distraught, completely pale and his eyes weren't on me.

That's when it hit me. I looked down and Sierra's body was lifeless. She went limp in my arms, her hands falling at her side as the blood continued to seep out. Her eyes were shut and I felt my heart tighten at what I knew was coming.

Niccolo slid on the floor, stopping in front of me as he took her from my arms and cradled her body in his. Now that he was up close, I realized he had tears running down his face. He was shaking her in an attempt to wake her but there were no signs of movement.

"Come on, wake up, Sierra! Princess, wake up!" His voice was breaking as the time slowly passed by.

Her lack of movement caused him to pull her against his chest. His one hand held her back and the other behind her head. In the scuffle with her father, her hair was pulled loose from her ponytail. Niccolo's hands were intertwined with the strands of her hair. He was rocking back and forth, whispering things into her ear that he wanted only her to know.