Chapter 10

Arjun's P.O.V.

"Why do you even care?", She mumbled.

I gritted my teeth as she asked me that. I took deep breaths as I sat there.

Why do I care?

I scoffed before I got up from my seat and walked over to her.

"Honestly, I don't know why I care but I care!", My voice raising as I finished speaking.

"Whether you like it or not, I care for you", I said with finality. I heard her scoff but chose to ignore it and went over to the sofa and lied down.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Need specs? I'm sleeping"

"Urghhh! You know what just shut up and sleep"

"That's what I was doing", I mumbled before trying to sleep.

It's been a few hours I guess but I can't sleep. I haven't been able to sleep properly ever since the fight I had with her.

It's just that when I know people are hurt because of me or are hurting and I'm the reason behind it. It's just kills me from within and I can't do anything properly because in the back of my mind the thought of that person just keeps lingering.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tanvi's P.O.V.

I woke up around 7:30 and quickly took a shower. I completely ignored his presence even though I knew I couldn't do it for the whole day.

Tomorrow is Karwa Chaut.

Karwa Chauth is a Hindu festival that is mostly celebrated in the northern part of India, wherein married women observe nirjala fast from sunrise to moonrise. 

Even though, women observing Karwa Chauth fast abstain from eating, food is an integral part of the festival. Eating sargi in the morning is an important ritual. Mothers-in-law prepare the thaali of sargi for their daughters-in-law, which they are supposed to eat before sunrise.

On this auspicious occasion, married women worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and pray for their husbands' long life and well-being. They wear ethnic attire, adorn themselves with shringar items like sindoor and jewellery, and apply henna or mehendi, which signifies good luck.

So I get ready and help mom do all the household work and then leave for work. I still work and I'm lucky to have such supportive in-laws.

When I come home after a long and tiring day, I change into comfortable clothes and sit in the living room waiting for henna to be put on my hands. The girl who was putting henna on my hands was our maids daughter. She seemed really talented. Without my knowledge she even wrote his name on my hands.

I only found out about this when Natasha scrutinized my hands because she wanted to approve the mehendi designs and she started giggling.

"Oooooo, look mommy, aunty wrote chachu's name on her hands", she said and ran away leaving me. Heat raced to my cheeks as I found out about it. All of them were staring at me as the chuckled softly.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

I finished taking my shower and was brushing my hair when he came from behind me and took the sindoor box that sat on the vanity table and applied it. He was so quick that all I could do was gape at him. Laughing at my reaction he walks into the closet and comes out wearing his attire for a meeting that he has today.