•5•

I spend the last couple hours of the party with my new friend Baylee, we danced, drank, and had an amazing time.
The crowd started to clear out and Tom being the puppy dog he is, found his way back to me.
"Hey you okay?" He asks me.
"I'm great! I love tequila!" I laugh and he sighs.
"You drank more?" He asks.
"Just a teeny weeny bit" I say holding my fingers together to show just how teeny weeny I mean.
"Come on let's get you home." He says.
"Wait! This is my friend Baylee!" I introduce my brown haired friend.
"I know Baylee, we go to the same school, you're the new one here remember?" Tom laughs.
"Don't call me out like that!" I gasp.
"Alright. Time to go. You good Baylee? Need a ride?" Tom asks.
"Actually.. yeah. Wes kind of cheated tonight and left without me" she says.
"What the fuck? Are you kidding me?" Tom asks angrily. "Come on, I'll take you home and then I'm beating his ass"
As they're talking I'm already half way across the house to the door.
"Tom taking you home doll?" Haz asks me.
"Yeah" I nod.
"You sure you should go home this drunk? You can stay here. we've got a spare bedroom" he offers.
"You're a sweetie pie" I pat his cheek. "But no, I think I'll go home"
"Ready?" Tom asks and I nod.
We walk out to the car and I get in the passengers seat.
"I don't feel so good" I say.
"I know let's get you home" Tom says.
Baylee gets in the back seat and Tom pulls the car out of the driveway and onto the road.
The ride was silent. We drop Baylee off at her house before Tom makes his way to our street.
"You sure you're good?" He asks me.
"Yeah totally" I nod, stumbling as I get out of the car.
"Here let me help you" he gets out as well, coming around to hold my weight up and steady my walk as we go inside.
"Jesus Christ" he mutters at my moms shrine of beauty pageant crowns displayed in the family room.
"Being pretty runs in the family" I drunkenly say and he laughs.
"Yeah I can tell" he says.
We get to my room and I sit down on the edge of my bed.
"Go to sleep, I'll text you tomorrow to see how you're doing" he says.
"Nighty night Thomas" I mutter, laying back on my bed.
"Goodnight Elle."
_
Morning comes, and I roll away from the window to avoid the sunlight.
Memories of last night are a little fuzzy, and I have no clue how I got home. Did I really manage to drink that much? Well... here's to my first real party, which is a little sad considering I graduate in 6 months.
I reach over to my bedside table, grabbing my phone.
Haz: text me when you wake up, wanna make sure you're okay xx
Baylee: hope you're not projectile vomiting right now😂
Who's Baylee? Oh! The girl that got cheated on last night! Poor thing, I hope she's feeling better today.
Elle: hey Haz, I'm okay. Last nights a little fuzzy but I had fun. Thanks!
There's a knock on my door and it opens.
"Who's that boy that brought you home last night?" My mom asks with bright eyes.
"What?" I ask, not fully comprehending what she just said.
"I heard you talking to a boy last night, he brought you home" she says.
"Oh, that was Tom" I shake my head, slightly remembering more of last night.
"Tom, the neighbor?" She asks and I nod.
"Yeah him"
Honestly could she just give me a minuet to wake up before pestering me?
"Oh wonderful! I met his mother yesterday and we were planning a little get together" she says and I mentally roll my eyes. Any time we get with any new group of people, she goes on and on about my modeling and embarrasses me. She doesn't realize no one cares. "I'll call her and see about tonight!"
My mom hurried out of my room before I can protest. My phone dings again and I look at the text.
Haz: i was wondering if you'd want to hang out today? It's cool if you can't, or aren't up to it, just a thought. No rush to let me know.
He talks weird over text, just as I'm about to text him back I get another one.
Tom: were having dinner at your house tonight, apparently our parents are best friends now😂
Elle: well I guess I'll see you all then 😋
I go back to Haz's text and message back.
Elle: sure! I can be at your place in a couple hours?
Haz: sounds good :)
I get up and hop in the shower, washing the party stink off myself. I still feel pretty crappy from last night, but I know if i stay home I'll go absolutely insane.
I get ready for the day and grab my keys.
"Where are you going?" My dad asks.
"To a friends house" I say.
"What friend?" He asks, taking more interest than normal in what I'm doing.
"His name is Haz?" I say.
"I haven't met Haz, and what a weird name" he shakes his head.
"You'll be meeting Tom tonight. One friend at a time dad" I say, leaving the house and driving to Haz's house.
I get out of the car and knock on the door, which he opens quickly.
"Hey!" He smiles, letting me in. "How're you feeling after last night? You kinda drank a lot"
"I had so much fun, honestly I've just never let myself go like that and it felt so good" I admit.
"I'm glad, we can always do that without a party too" he says.
"I think that'd be fun" I nod.
"So.. I was thinking we order some food?" He asks.
"Yes! I have a dumb dinner at my house tonight with Toms family and my mom can't cook" I laugh.
"Toms family is coming over to your house?" He asks.
"Yeah, you're welcome to come too if you want, help Tom feel less under pressure with my moms burning questions" I say.
"Why would he feel under pressure?" Haz asks.
"Well, my mom is crazy about me getting a boyfriend so, she assumes any guy I hang out with is a potential future lover. So he's going to be under fire" I shake my head.
"I'd love to come" Haz agrees.